New Northeastern Pa Build

Good day. Took water out of pool. Added a butt load of chlorine. It was only fc 1.5. They hung all my ship lap. Looks good. Now I got to order all my ceiling material and finish it. Not looking forward to this at all. I’m going to hopefully finish electric in between and pick up on plumbing again.

Lol. All good. Ceiling done. Pics. Lol. I went to give my measurements to my buddy today. All he said was oh boy this is going to be a nice order. I said shop it around. It’s like buying a car. He will call to different lunar companies to getcthe beat price. I need a lot. Like 500 linear feet more than we thought.

Reactions: Gorilla83
My sapele for the ceiling came in the other day so this morning I was at the shop starting in on it. It's kinda daunting cause I only have weekends to do it and my buddy wants it done by the end of the month. I decided to finish it completely at the shop so I don't have to do a finish coat over my head. I know my buddy won't mess it up when they install it, but at the same time there is literally no room for me to work over the shop. It's fine for the first coat but when I need to do the finish coat I don't have access to the other spray booth cause as you see it's full. There are jobs everywhere right now. The other day I couldn't even see Dave's one guy sanding cause he was surrounded by cabinets. I guess a lot of builders are behind cause of the weather so that means Dave can't get out to install product that is done, but he is also smoking busy right now so that means I had to get real creative today to let boards dry till tomorrow when I can stack them. And then tomorrow I still have an issue for storing wet boards till monday cause I just can't leave stuff all over the shop when everyone is there for a normal work day. Dave's brother in law said I can use his area in the building for Sunday into Monday. It's just a lot of back and forth for carrying. Billy Ha a graphics shop. He wraps vehicles and does billboards, but he also has a huge indoor RC track that is only used on the weekend for league use so he said I can dry material in the track area. lol Ya so Dave's building is his shop, Billy's graphics business, Billy's RC toy hobby business, and Dave's mother has her Pizza place in the same building also. It's a huge huge building. It was a silk mill I guess many moons ago. All family. It's pretty cool. Makes for really fun times going in-between each place.

So as of now here is where I'm at. . .

where i'm suppose to be working! they are on a walnut kick right now. 2 walnut kitchens done right now. this is part of 1.
Untitled by Jim, on Flickr

the room I have only!

then i got creative, since i won't be using the one side it can get marked up a bit resting till i can stack tomorrow.

my work space for now. i can't work during the week cause when the guys are there they are always sanding and cutting so weekends it is for now.

it's all good though. i could be stuck in my garage. at least i got a full shop with all i need at my finger tips.

There is some gorgeous wood in there!!! WOW! and some it is YOURS!!!

LOL on everyone having something going on in that building! Nice to keep the family together!

Kim:kim:

Thanks Kim. His work is nuts. He does jobs all over. He has even done a few down in Florida. He has an amazing business. People always comment on my kitchen when they first walk into my house cause the doors are so different from anything out there. He does built up doors like u would with molding. It makes the cabinet doors over an inch thick compared to a regular door. He just does great wool. Beautiful furniture also. Steps. He ran all my molding for my home. Pretty much anything custom u can think of.

We r actually heading down for pizza now and I’m taking my kids to watch the guys race. There is a tournament tonight so all the better racers r there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No. :(. It's a private league. These r serious guys. They mod thier cars on computers. All digital timing for laps. Expensive toys. Lol

It's awesome to watch. Billy builds a new track every year in the building. Last years was a ton of high jumps with a hill climb. This years is a ton of turns but a very very fast track.

My son is a riot. He laughs so hard when they crash. Everyone racing is so serious laughing so hard at people's mistakes while driving. Lol

He does do birthday parties now so we might do his birthday there this year. I haven't ever driven one even. I never asked billy.

My buddy makes fun of him that he plays with toy cars. lol it's awesome to watch though.

Pizza place was jammed tonight. They get busier every week. She was take out only for 20 years. She used to make the pizza for 30 years at the best place in my town. The lady who owned it retired. Marylou retired. Got bored at home so Dave set her up in his place. Her and her sister made pizza Thursday, fri and Saturday. When they would run out of dough they would go home. Dave convinced her last year to open a sit down cause she wants her one grandson to take over eventually so they opened a few months ago sit down. The past tiesday wed, Thursday, and Friday they ran out of dough. She always had a huge following for her pizza but now that u can stay there and eat it's so nice. She is so happy. Her grandson is pretty much doing everything so Marylou can sit back a bit.
Jim

Ya that would be a cool birthday party. We r going to talk to him one night about it.

She closes when she runs out cause it was originally just her retirement need to get out of the house thing. She wasn’t there to make money so no need to bust herself. Now that her 1 grandson will be taking it over and it’s eAt in also there is no running out go home anymore. They r still trying to tweak eaceryrjing. They ran out every night this week but they r also making a lot more dough. They just don’t have the hang of how much for each night. She won’t reuse dough either so that makes it even harder. If she has left over dough she makes bread to give to people. Lol. I love stopping down in the morning and being greeted with a warm loaf of bread but then I end up eating the whole thing as I drive all day. Lol

On a lighter note since I totally derailed my build again. I got all the first coat done on everything. Spent 9 hours down the today. I’m beat. My feet are killing me. A lot of back and forth today cause I sealed over on the shop side but then had to walk each wet board over to the other side to let them dry. I used the race track since no one will be using it till next week. Lol

That theatre is my albatross. But I can glad I put it on the back burner when I did. When I started thecpool home theatres were in a big transition from 1080p to 4 k. Even though 4K has been available in tvs for years and years now projectors have not caught back then. Only like 2 affordable ones from sony. Finally they r starting to come down the line. True 4K not the fake stuff like has been out. Now tvs are starting the move to 8k which I think is absurd but that's a whole other topic. So butting the theatre on the back burner when I did was actually a smart move. In a year or so I think I might give the inalienable push to finish it but again that's my journey project, not a destination one. One day. Lol. Ok maybe like 900 days. Lol. All I got on my mind right now is the finish line for this pool house and yard!

Ok today I’m finishing this darn wood. Actually it went way better and quicker than I thought. I also have to rewire all the audio and do a few upgrades for him in my buddies shop.

Tomorrow me and my other buddy are suppose to finally do my underground ties in for the gutters.

Monday and this week is suppose to bring the ceiling actually going up along with the rest of the trim out. So maybe by Friday I will be doing my electrical finish up and get some low volt done!

Friday I might actually be heading out of the woods and catching my first glance of the finish line! Plumbing and countertops left.

We will see. It’s march. We might get a foot of snow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.