New Northeastern Pa Build

Well it’s foshing season. Got out today and last week.

Last week I caught that nice musky. I didn’t land him in my yak cause I was releasing him anyway so figured why stress the fish even more. It was a 20 min battle. I got him close enough to get a length on him. 42 inches about. This is only the second I ever caught. They r very elusive fish for our area. The “fish of 10,000 casts” the old timers say. This is the largest though. The ohther I caught years ago was only 20 inches. He was released in good condition. I’m glad. He had to be old. Lll

Saturday was mentour day for trout. Took the kids out. Skunked. Not even a bite. So mad. They were upset. Next weekend is opening day so now I can take them whenever so we will find some trout somewhere. They are stocked trout so they don’t even taste good but they are fun to catch and the kids have a ball.

Today I went up my buddy’s lake to catch his dad fish cause he can’t get out anymore. Took me 5 hours to catch 12 perch for him. Water is still way way too cold. The perch aren’t even spawning yet. Glad I didn’t grab a mama with babies in her. I always feel bad plus it takes away from the population. Did land a 20 inch bass and a 24 inch pickerel. You can tell the fish are still in winter mode the bass hot hard and then I dragged him in on his side. Lol. And it only took me 30 seconds to get the pickerel off the hook. Usually they are trying to bite you to the end. Lol

All in all good day. My buddy’s dad was happy. I cleaned all his perch and delivered them tonight. And I’m already onto big fish and the season didn’t really even start yet!

6EA6F187-A068-462E-8E40-1FE8BB2EB9E6.jpeg90A2DCD2-65B3-4BD8-888E-646810A508E3.jpeg68B52ED9-67AF-43A7-BB95-5B4260150707.jpeg

Those are some nice looking fish right there! Poor kids.........not one?? Well that is the life of fishing............some times you just get to enjoy being outside with your family then stop for fast food on the way home since you will not be eating fish!

So nice of you to go fishing for the Dad AND cleaning them for him! Bet he enjoyed them!

Kim:kim:

I’m working here. My csi is -1.00!!!! My ch and ph are beyond wonky! 175 only for ch and ph is 9.8. I have a thread about chemical dosing going cause I think I need a bunch of eyes on it!

View attachment 96066View attachment 96067View attachment 96068

Hey Jimim, Im probably not too far from you (Lansdale area). With opening so early, what do you do to control temperature in our area?

We are opening in the next week or 2 but im hesitant to heat the pool up (electric heater) with how dramatic our weather changes are.

We do have a spa, so we will likely just heat that for our early use. Do you use any solar covers/rolls or anything? This will be our first full season of the pool so Im trying to learn the opening process.
Thanks!

Others might have to chime in but I can’t run my gas heater till a certain temp or it can ruin it how I understood. I just let the water come up on its own. We don’t use the pool. I just want it open to care for it so the plaster doesn’t get ruined so I can keep it balanced. I have my csi under control now based on what my water temp is. Some here will say don’t worry about csi in the region we live and just balance all the numbers but I base my balance in csi so I work my numbers to get my csi in line.

I don’t use any covers cause I just choose not too. I’m a free form so would be more problem then what I feel it is worth.

So I don’t know what to tell you about the spa to be able to use it. I’m sorry.

I’ll have Kim @kimkats have someone chime in.

Oh Kim!

:)

Those are some nice looking fish right there! Poor kids.........not one?? Well that is the life of fishing............some times you just get to enjoy being outside with your family then stop for fast food on the way home since you will not be eating fish!

So nice of you to go fishing for the Dad AND cleaning them for him! Bet he enjoyed them!

Kim:kim:

Yup wings on the way home. Lol.

I’ll get them out this weekend again. Suppose to be cold though.

Others might have to chime in but I can’t run my gas heater till a certain temp or it can ruin it how I understood. I just let the water come up on its own. We don’t use the pool. I just want it open to care for it so the plaster doesn’t get ruined so I can keep it balanced. I have my csi under control now based on what my water temp is. Some here will say don’t worry about csi in the region we live and just balance all the numbers but I base my balance in csi so I work my numbers to get my csi in line.

I don’t use any covers cause I just choose not too. I’m a free form so would be more problem then what I feel it is worth.

So I don’t know what to tell you about the spa to be able to use it. I’m sorry.

I’ll have Kim @kimkats have someone chime in.

Oh Kim!

:)
Thanks, our spa is on separate plumbing so we were able to use it into November by only heating the spa water when we wanted to. We will do that for early spring as well. Im more concerned about the main body of water, which is around 50 degrees at the moment. My electric heater would takes days and days to heat to a reasonable temp and we would lose so much with our cold nights.

I think you did answer my main question, in that you do not heat your pool when you open, but wait for a more constant temp?
Thanks

Yes I really don’t even start using my heater until the summer the temperature my water just goes down too quickly with not having a cover plus we won’t even start swimming in the pool until memorial day most likely anyway yes I really don’t even start using my heater until the summer the temperature my water just goes down too quickly with not having a cover plus we won’t even start swimming in the pool until memorial day most likely anyway. Again I just open it and close late so that it keeps the water clean and the plaster in good shape

They r working on my ceilings this week. Sloooooow go. I have so many lights and speakers and such that making sure everything lines up properly is just taking time. They hate me. Lol. Plus he doesn’t want to do any seams so it’s cleaner. That makes it even harder.

But if deff looks pretty sweet. The bathroom came out so good and the vaulted ceiling is shaping up nice.

Going to use a 1 inch piece of flat stock to meet the brick with the ceiling. That will even out the brick line. Hopefully joe is nice and straight. Lol. My brick are jumbos and very irregular to begin with so that makes things harder also.

This weekend I plan on getting all the electrical and low volt trim out done and clean up the ceilings. Oh and fish.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Lol you know I always show pics during the process but it looks so unfinished.

I did find out my speakers don’t fit tonight. Well actually the clamps to hold them in place aren’t deep enough. Between the bracket and wood I’m too thick. So tomorrow I got to carefully cut out the brackets without damaging the wood. i Just got to take my time. I’m pretty upset. I have installed these speakers a million times in drywall. I just never realized the clamps can only take 1.25 inch of thickness for ceiling. Mine is 1.50.

got my speakers installed. Little surgery and all is well. I’m happy.

Last night I skimmed it out in my garage sealing the trim for the ceiling. Rob ripped it for me atcthe end of the day.

We got crushed with a storm Sunday night. My uncle lost one of his barns in the farm. Trees down everywhere. Schools closed.

So I made the biggest pool mistake yet. I was taking water out of the pool cause of the rain. Went inside to get on computer to make fast passes for Disney at 7 am. Forgot pool was emptying! I took 5 inches out vs 1. I’m so mad. So I had to refill through the day. Brushed. Threw the robot in and then got into rebalancing cause my ch and cya wet the bed. Added ch. added cya. Everything else is good. I’m so mad at myself.

Too much going on.

We r hoping to run the gas line for the grill tomorrow or Thursday. Not 100 percent sure yet.

So there my update. I’m dumb but the ceiling is getting done.

So I made the biggest pool mistake yet. I was taking water out of the pool cause of the rain. Went inside to get on computer to make fast passes for Disney at 7 am. Forgot pool was emptying! I took 5 inches out vs 1. I’m so mad. So I had to refill through the day. Brushed. Threw the robot in and then got into rebalancing cause my ch and cya wet the bed. Added ch. added cya. Everything else is good. I’m so mad at myself.

Been there but opposite effect. I now only add pool water through a $12 mechanical water timer.

Hey for those who are following. I have a thread over in poolside paradise about paint color help. If you all can look over there. I need some advice!

Thanks!

Oh I got a working grill! I’m in paint mode. My plumber said if I could get the bathroom painted by Tuesday he would drop in the sink and pooper. Lol

Jim - do you have an apple watch? I use that as a timer/reminder all the time. It shakes your wrist when in goes off so very hard to ignore haha.

Let's see some pics of food on the grill!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.