New Northeastern Pa Build

Thanks everyone. I’m getting there. I feel like I’m stuck in mud at times but it slowly is coming together. It’s hard when u have 1 man crews doing the work and doing the work after their regular jobs. But it’s coming.

I’m sealing my cabinets today. Got the first coat on the frames and now I’m getting setup in the garage to do the doors. Then I’m done for the day. Tomorrow throw a second coat on and Tuesday do a final sanding to knock off any shine.

This wood is pretty easy to work with. I’m not going to mind sealing all the ceiling material. I was a bit worried it was going to be too much for me but I think I’ll be ok.

Hopefully this week we can finish my steps last riser. And then next week getcthe gutters and drains all tied in.

Jim

so today i finally got all the pics from the summer off my phone and off my camera. i took a few of the fireplace tonight too since i never threw it up here.

i'm so thankful for everyone who has made this come to life. what makes it so special is that all the work was done by those i call family and friends. this is what makes it so much more worth it for years to come.

i'm also so thankful for everyone that has helped me here and talked me through so much re: my pool care. this has been such a fun journey so far.

thanks everyone!

IMG_1075 by Jim, on Flickr

IMG_1084 by Jim, on Flickr

IMG_1088 by Jim, on Flickr

IMG_1089 by Jim, on Flickr

I’ll check that out cliff thanks man. I usually buy all my hardware through my buddy’s shop cause I get his price but I only need enough for 4 doors so prob won’t bother him for these. I was going to start to look for pills tonight.

Thanks for that!

Cant wait to see Jim...did you already get hardware? I found a place online that is good quality and excellent prices...Cosmas... cabinet-hardware

So what’s going on in nepa!

My water is 54. So looking like it’s time to close. Have the guys coming out next Friday. This year I’m pulling my salt cell out and putting the dummy in. I’m using that bleautec again for scale just in case and the typical tfp up to near slam level.

My buddy is going to do my grades and gutters tomorrow or Friday once the 1 call gets done. I’ll tie in my waste line to the gutters then so I can stop dumping water in the woods. Shhhh. It’s a secret.

I decided to do so all the rest of the pavers till the snow flies. They came last Friday. Ya wrong color! Seriously!? They r chocolate. They brought me light brown/grey. I was worried it was a dye change at the factory. It’s not. New ones on thier way. That was a close call though. I sweated that out over the weekend second guessing it. Like I told cliff though. I won’t believe it till I see the new ones!

still no soffits or gutters. Jim is on a commercial job so I don’t exist right now. Lol. It’s all good.

Jim

ps. That is season 2 in the books. I made it through with only a salt cell issue and everyone was so helpful with everything as usual! Thanks guys!

30 days till Disney! I need a break!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
no kim! i need slow days. i got a lot left to finish! lol

good news is when i called the factory they make the pavers at i bought, they told me that it was a loading error so they were deff the wrong color.

I think Hannibal said it best. . . "I love it when a plan comes together"

(For those who don't know, that was an A-Team quote. . . Sorry I'm a child of the 80's)

This weekend we got 1000 pavers laid. Not only did we get pavers laid but it also felt like an episode of "deep thoughts". . . all these wise quotes being spewed out of but 2 buddies mouths throughout the day. My personal favorite. Tommy is running around with is head cut off as usual and Louis and myself are telling his to slow down we are good. He stops and says "you need to set the table before you can sit down to eat". and that's how it started. all day wise quotes and big words. all in all a very productive and funny day.

Sunday was a work day. my dad and myself carried 1000 more pavers down for us to use through the week. I dug out the pipe for the drain cause we are 6 inches off grade to tie it in. stupid thing is going to have to run all the way to my front yard to tie in to the others.

And today Louis showed up early with his excavation company to scrape the side of the yard finally! all the garbage is going. They filled a full dump already with just the pile of junk from when his brother did my brick all summer. We still can't get over the mess 1 person made. lol but what was left is a thing of beauty. lol

so. . . as of this afternoon. left. . . pavers, gutter, drain, and backwash line tie in, soffits, fascia, and gutters. . . .done!

then over the winter. . . work harder and more to have money to finish for next year. lol

So it's snowing here. . .

We got the pavers done just in time! We aren't going to sand till spring. They are on concrete so I'm not really worried. My carpenter also got the soffits and fascia on today right before the snow started to fly! his gutter guy is coming next week and my buddy is going to get everything underground next week also.

So that's it. I'm out for the season.

Next year minus landscaping which i'm actually afraid to even talk about cause I have over 3000 square feet of planting area along with redoing some grass, I got only finish work left. Granite, bathroom, ceiling, finish plumbing and electrical.

Not too bad. we got a ton done this year compared to what I had actually planned on getting done.

All in all for having zero plans except my drawings every hint hot right on the money except 1 thing. the election for the drain for the bottom patio pool house area. it is way way way below the underground pipe that goes to the storm drain. it's actually about 6 inches below the street so what we have to do is french drain it to daylight behind the pool house. so that is when landscaping happens. right now it's daylighted to the side of my house. there really wan't anyway to change it though we would have had to lift the patio elevation like 1 more foot which means it would have been pretty high along my property line into my neighbor. It's bad enough I too up the entire side of our yards with how long it ended up being. Then it being up in the air would have been even worse. It's all good though. elevations now are very appropriate. no drainage issues. no standing water. this summer was a good test for that.

jim

Everything is buried in 11 inches of snow! We got hit hard last night. A lot of ice too. It’s warming up thankfully!

nothing we could do about the drain. We needed it so no choice really. Doing the French drain will just be a pain. I have one in the other side of my house to drain in between my neighbor and myself. Works well this one should be even easier. I hope. Lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.