New Northeastern Pa Build

I usually share these links when you get your gunite but you can have them now!

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Now don't be surprised when I share them again when you do get gunite :roll: as that is a habit I have to make sure you have what you need. I picked that stage as it is very close to when you will be needed the info. and I don't forget to share them.

Think about getting the whale tail brush. Many swear by them especially with new plaster.

Go ahead and get a couple of extra vials so you don't have to keep rinsing them out for each test and go for a couple of extra stirring beans as well.

The XL is good to have as you are going to be testing extra with it being a new pool. After a while you will learn your pool and not have to test as much.

Kim:kim:

Please give Becky a call tomorrowat 919-528-1454.

She can get you all set up. She is the owner of TFTestkits. I will give her a heads up. I am not sure which ones as I don't have a magic stirrer :( One day I will LOL

Beans=the little white things that go in the tube to stir the water. I forget what they are really called :roll: sorry LOL

i didn't get chance to call! i was very busy yesterday. trying to get my trucks washed cause of the past 2 weeks of bad weather. today i will at some point. i did read all the articles and print them out to highlight stuff. i didn't look at pool math though. that's today too!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
ok prep work to be done this week. once the darn back yard dries up. we have been getting crushed with rain. no way tri-axles and machines are getting back there. but by end of week we should be good enough. and the PB said he would start to dig right after easter.

so hopefully by the end of next week i will have a hole in the yard!

I saw that you mentioned earlier that your PB said $600 to fill the pool. I would double check that figure. That seams really, really cheap if your pool is almost 25k gallons. Maybe in your area it is cheaper than here (central maryland). Hopefully it is!!

we get water cheap around here cause of the booming fracking industry for natural gas. tanker companies are a dime a dozen anymore. that's why i'm going this route.

- - - Updated - - -

Bad rain! Don't you know he has a pool to build????

There that should do it!

didn't you hear this will be the wettest summer on record cause i'm doing something outside. lol

Ok we r a go! All the stumps are out already. We got the old landscaping cleaned out. They r scraping the grass off so we can start to save topsoil and I'm laying out my garden extension and I'll take the dump to go grab my extra block to make it bigger so we can get that in so I can start to prep my garden. This should be a 1 day job. My plan is to lay out the pool and spray the layout tonight so I can getcthe curves how I want them and get the step bumpout shaped properly. My pool builder said Tuesday dig the latest.

I will I took a few today but didn't want to take my camera or phone out after we got dirty. I didn't get a chance to do that layout cause my fishfinder for my kayak came and I wanted to get on the water to have it setup for first day of trout on Saturday. Priorities. Fishing season. Lol

boo hiss! I have a sad for you and hope who every was hurt (hoping they are not) recovers soon.

Fishing?? Fishing?? You went fishing instead of taking pictures for me????????? Well done! LOL

one of the rebar guys got hurt i guess. i said what they don't have a replacement! ya ya ya i feel bad, but shouldn't they have a guy to take his place.

ya Pa tradition. go elbow to elbow with weekend warrior fishermen for 6" farm raised bait fish. lol i only go cause it's what you do around here for first day. i have gotten smart and now we all take our kayak's out vs the shore. that way we don't have to get there at 5 AM for a spot. we show up 10 mins to 8 for kickoff time get in the empty water where we go and cast into the people on shore who have been there since 5 AM. lol best part we get to fish every spot not just the spot they picked on the shore. i hate trout. they are fun to catch. such a hyper little fish. lol

i think saturday i'm going to go again to try a new lure or 2 out that a guy i fish with was using and did really well. it was very non traditional and he crushed it.

so we are in holding mode. i'm ticked, but hopefully once we finally get going we will keep going.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.