New motor installed today and pump is acting strange

pfitz4

Bronze Supporter
Feb 26, 2018
North Alabama
Pool repair company replaced my pump motor and impeller today. Now, there seems to be air bubbles in the pump filter basket, and I can hear air rattling around in the filter. When I turned the pump off, the filter basket drained completely and it sounded like the filter drained as well...almost as if water was emptying back into the pool. This has never happened before - my pump/equipment is actually downhill and below the water line of my pool, so it always remains filled. When I turned the pump back on, the filter basket didn't completely fill up.

I plan to call them first thing in the morning, but wanted to get some of your thoughts so I can ask the right questions.

Thanks for your help.

There's an air leak somewhere. If it never happened before, I'd start looking everywhere they last touched. Remember that clear pump basket lid also needs pool silicone lube on it to help prevent air getting pulled-in. Verify the water level is still high enough in the pool/skimmer, then inspect everything on the suction side very well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.