Tucson
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Emptying pump basket this morning. Everything sounded normal prior to shutting pump off. Emptied basket and resintalled/re-started pump. Pump wasn't priming or drawing water like normal. Shut it off right away, checked everything over. Nothing in the impeller that i could feel. Re-started but still wasn't pulling water like it should. Finally went and checked skimmer, pulled diverter assembly out and noticed the sliding flapper valve on bottom of diverter had broke off and was blocking half the suction line in bottom of skimmer. Removed and everything is working fine now. I have googled and searched but want to confirm that running with no 'flapper valve' on bottom of diverter is fine.

Show us a pic of the "flapper" and whatever it used to be attached to..
I'm guessing this is the diverter flap on the bottom of the skimmer float valve.

Show us a pic of the "flapper" and whatever it used to be attached to..
I'm guessing this is the diverter flap on the bottom of the skimmer float valve.
It is. I'm away from home right now but its just a sliding piece that is on bottom of float

You don't really "need" it.
It's for adjusting the flow between skimmer and main drain - if the main drain is plumbed thru the skimmer.

Main drain flow isn't needed for day to day ops. The diverter valve will still function correctly if the water level gets below the skimmer - the float will drop down and water should be drawn from the main drain at that point.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.