New member - new pool build - Screenlogic?

Zumbagirl

Jan 25, 2022
Lakewood Ranch, Fl
Hi. I've been reading this forum, but now have a question for you experts. We're in the startup phase for our pool. Water went in last week. We have EasyTouch 4 and PB installed the antenna above the unit outside. He left the other contents of the Screenlogic kit on the lanai out where he's left the other equipment manuals. Is there any way to connect as is or is the protocol adapter setup/connection to router inside the house mandatory? We weren't around when he left so didn't notice till we got back.

Thank you in advance.

Welcome to the forum.

You place the Receiver and Protocol Adapter inside near your router. The Protocol Adapter is hard wired to your router.

Do you have the manuals for all the equipment?

The protocol adapter will be connected to your router via an ethernet cable. I thought the protocol adapter came with one, but not sure. @Jimrahbe can be a better guide as he has your exact setup.

Z,

That part number is just for the wireless links.. If you have the protocol adapter, then you most likely have P/N 522104 "Bundle" which is the wireless links plus the Protocol adapter.

Jim R.

Z,

There are three main parts to a ScreenLogic system. An outside transceiver that everyone calls an antenna. An inside transceiver and the Protocol adapter.

The two transceivers connect the EasyTouch to your Protocol Adapter wirelessly. The Protocol Adapter converts "Pentair communications" into "Ethernet communications so that your PC or phone can control the EasyTouch.

If you use your PC, you get screens like these...

View media item 1963

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Zumbagirl

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Z,

There are three main parts to a ScreenLogic system. An outside transceiver that everyone calls an antenna. An inside transceiver and the Protocol adapter.

The two transceivers connect the EasyTouch to your Protocol Adapter wirelessly. The Protocol Adapter converts "Pentair communications" into "Ethernet communications so that your PC or phone can control the EasyTouch.

If you use your PC, you get screens like these...

View media item 1963

Thanks,

Jim R.
Here's what is left in the box. Is that everything I need except for the ethernet cable that goes into my wifi modem?

Attachments

• IMG_20220125_182135333.jpg
    IMG_20220125_182135333.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 6
Z,

That is the inside transceiver, its power supply, and the Protocol Adapter. Not sure what the coiled up white wire is, unless it is an Ethernet cable. :scratch:

That is all you should need inside..

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks. That was probably extra wire from outside. PB is not great with communication, so I'll have to see if he wants to help with inside or not.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.