New Member and New Pool Ideas

I prefer the TF-100. A company put it together with our method of pool testing in mind, so it has more supplies for the tests we do more often, and a bit less of the less often done ones. Its the cheapest also.

www.tftestkits.net

When folks have green pools with ooodles of algae we often suggest the XL version, but the regular one is fine for new clean pools. It should last about 2 years.

The optional magnetic stirrer device is worth every penny... its like giving you the ability to pat your head and rub your tummy at the same time! It does the vial stirring while you squeeze the reagent drops in.

Maddie :flower:

I second the speed stir, well worth the money to have confidence in my testing. Tf 100 is the best value, and honestly. I love the case it comes in, very easy to grab your reagents at a glance.

I wish there were a bundle that included the kit and the speedstir. It looks like I have to order those things separately, unless I order a bundle that includes things I don't need.
Actually there is. If you select the speed stir box when you order the kit you get about 10% off. A lot of people get the XL option just to have the extra chems, also at a slight discount when you order the kit. If you poke around the site they have other bundles. One that even include the whale brush

Last edited:
@jimmythegreek What kind of heater do you use using electricity? I am jealous it’s free. We checked solar when we moved in, the guy said it would only cover 70% of our usage. Hubby decided it’s not worth the $30k initial cost. Now w pool heating:(

I would ditch the booster cleaner and the associated plumbing and you should save a grand off the build. They stink and cost money to run. Buy a robot on your own they are the best. You can go narrow on concrete on at least one side of pool 3-4 ft is plenty to walk around to brush. Add it where your table and chairs will be. You can add a heater later with propane it's an easy run and if anything have him plumb in a stub out setup so it's easy to add. I rarely use my gas heater. I use it for day of swimming early or late season point if use. It's not hundreds unless you set a temp like upper 80s and just let it heat all the time. A day of heating is 20-30 dollars but your pool is big and with propane it will ne more to go 10-15 degrees. Solar cover is cheapest way to retain heat but it's a pain. I just added solar and my wife and kids are in love. They just got out of a night swim a few min ago and my water is 94 degrees in NJ and heat is free. Well worth it to me if you want warm water all summer. In GA you will see mid to upper 80s with summer temps and sun on the pool. It's the cooler before and after season that's hard on the pocket. If your not staying for 10 or so years skip the hottub. Way expensive to add and not worth it. A standalone is better can use all winter and when you move take it with you or do it later after your pocket recovers.

Solar pool panels they heat only the pool nothing to do with house. Your pump runs to clean and filter the pool so you time that when you have sun and it's free. I did my own install materials were just over 1500 its paid for itself already in terms of that heat being fed by gas

Reactions: newpoolbuild
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.