New Member and New Pool Ideas

mayberry32

Jun 24, 2019
Watkinsville, GA
Going to go ahead and order a test kit, and I see here that most people either use the TF-100 or the Taylor kit. For a larger saltwater pool, which should I order? Is one favored over the other for any specific reason?

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
I prefer the TF-100. A company put it together with our method of pool testing in mind, so it has more supplies for the tests we do more often, and a bit less of the less often done ones. Its the cheapest also.

www.tftestkits.net

When folks have green pools with ooodles of algae we often suggest the XL version, but the regular one is fine for new clean pools. It should last about 2 years.

The optional magnetic stirrer device is worth every penny... its like giving you the ability to pat your head and rub your tummy at the same time! It does the vial stirring while you squeeze the reagent drops in.

Maddie :flower:

Kellyp

Silver Supporter
Jul 5, 2018
Acworth ga
I second the speed stir, well worth the money to have confidence in my testing. Tf 100 is the best value, and honestly. I love the case it comes in, very easy to grab your reagents at a glance.

mayberry32

Jun 24, 2019
Watkinsville, GA
I wish there were a bundle that included the kit and the speedstir. It looks like I have to order those things separately, unless I order a bundle that includes things I don't need.

mguzzy

Jul 8, 2015
OV, CA
I wish there were a bundle that included the kit and the speedstir. It looks like I have to order those things separately, unless I order a bundle that includes things I don't need.
Actually there is. If you select the speed stir box when you order the kit you get about 10% off. A lot of people get the XL option just to have the extra chems, also at a slight discount when you order the kit. If you poke around the site they have other bundles. One that even include the whale brush

Last edited: