New IG pool build in Fort Worth, TX

Installed the flex spout and replaced the fence picket that I had cut to accommodate the previous set-up. Much happier with how this turned out.

EF77B0D6-C042-4D17-A0D1-44225FD46C9E.jpg

And of course the wife had to pick up this unicorn float from ALDI's against my better judgement.......this thing is huge!

4EF0DB0F-471E-4E97-87B4-FF58324E8E07.jpg

Reactions: Tena
Did a little more work on my lighting project. Can't really do anymore at this time as I need the last fence panel put back up to keep going on the lighting, but that has to wait until the sod gets delivered. Should have this all wrapped up sometime next week. The pictures are pretty poor quality but you get the idea of how it's all going to look.

207B8742-C139-4E5F-B6A2-2E2A02ECEA81.jpg

D8480B68-3AB2-4959-9EA8-41C56AA849CE.jpg

Installed the flex spout and replaced the fence picket that I had cut to accommodate the previous set-up. Much happier with how this turned out.

EF77B0D6-C042-4D17-A0D1-44225FD46C9E.jpg

And of course the wife had to pick up this unicorn float from ALDI's against my better judgement.......this thing is huge!

4EF0DB0F-471E-4E97-87B4-FF58324E8E07.jpg

Our next door neighbor with a pool just bought the same unicorn! Unicorns are making a real comeback, haha!

Finally making some progress on the irrigation. Most of the drip lines were laid down last night but unfortunately they ran out of line before they could finish. We were able to test the lines to make sure they were working, so I went ahead and laid down the sod that I had on hand and will hand water for the next day or two until the rest of the irrigation is completed.

Here's what the drip line looks like being installed. The cooper colored line is the drip, the darker brown line is the feeder line to the flower beds. Running a couple of different zones so I can water the sod and flower beds separately. We spaced the lines out as evenly as possible before laying down the sod and should have good coverage. I will continue to hand water as well for the first week or two until the sod roots have a chance to really take hold into the dirt.

AB157EB9-F29D-4E6A-A998-9F2062F7C436.jpg

C0B9B0BC-E3CE-46CE-8DA6-C257E2FDA965.jpg

So those drip lines will stay there forever? Doe the little holes get blocked with dirt and roots after a while? I like there are not heads to mow or kick!

Kim:kim:

Yes, the lines will be permanent. It's possible that the lines could get clogged over time, but most of what I've read online is they are very low maintenance and usually have no issues once installed. The benefit is about 70% more efficient than traditional sprinkler heads because the water doesn't evaporate or over-spray. I don't plan on doing any more planting in my back yard so there should not be any reason to damage the system by digging holes, etc.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow! Drip lines look amazing! If you don't mind me asking, is it a lot more expensive to install drip lines than the conventional sprinkler system? I have to completely rebuild my irrigation system in the backyard, and I am interested in the drip line as well.

Finally making some progress on the irrigation. Most of the drip lines were laid down last night but unfortunately they ran out of line before they could finish. We were able to test the lines to make sure they were working, so I went ahead and laid down the sod that I had on hand and will hand water for the next day or two until the rest of the irrigation is completed.

Here's what the drip line looks like being installed. The cooper colored line is the drip, the darker brown line is the feeder line to the flower beds. Running a couple of different zones so I can water the sod and flower beds separately. We spaced the lines out as evenly as possible before laying down the sod and should have good coverage. I will continue to hand water as well for the first week or two until the sod roots have a chance to really take hold into the dirt.

Lots of factors like size of lawn, existing lines, professional instal vs DYI and so on. I found this online if it helps...

Cost to Install Drip Irrigation System - 2018 Cost Calculator ...

Wow! Drip lines look amazing! If you don't mind me asking, is it a lot more expensive to install drip lines than the conventional sprinkler system? I have to completely rebuild my irrigation system in the backyard, and I am interested in the drip line as well.

The drip irrigation was actually the lowest cost quoted for me. When I had the fake grass (turf) quote I think I was looking at around 800+ sq. ft. required for the install. If I use that square footage then I'm around $1.85 per sq. ft. for the quoted cost to install the drip irrigation. According to that online calculator ctrav posted that puts me in the middle of the cost range.

The drip irrigation was quoted just under $1500 and the highest sprinkler bid I received was around $1900 if that helps you with the costing aspect.

I thought about doing the install myself, but frankly I've run out of patience for digging in my back yard (all rocks) and didn't feel comfortable installing the valves and wiring needed.

First pallet of sod was laid last night and we finished around 11:30 PM. The lights on the fence actually really helped to give us enough light to do the work! We ran out of sod pretty close to where the irrigation tubing ran out so it worked out just fine. Should have the irrigation finished on Thursday then I'll finish the sod install. I'm going to run the drip irrigation and hand water for the first couple of weeks to make sure the grass is getting plenty of water. Could use some rain right about now too.

C8452DEB-2506-43C3-ACC2-AF7735E2236E.jpg

4C5DF9F2-6C93-411F-A697-3D26EF65A60C.jpg

Thanks for the info! I am interested in the drip irrigation system because my soil is pretty much all clay. I hear using drip irrigation to keep the soil moisture level steady is a good way to avoid clay soil from shifting...

The drip irrigation was actually the lowest cost quoted for me. When I had the fake grass (turf) quote I think I was looking at around 800+ sq. ft. required for the install. If I use that square footage then I'm around $1.85 per sq. ft. for the quoted cost to install the drip irrigation. According to that online calculator ctrav posted that puts me in the middle of the cost range.

The drip irrigation was quoted just under $1500 and the highest sprinkler bid I received was around $1900 if that helps you with the costing aspect.

I thought about doing the install myself, but frankly I've run out of patience for digging in my back yard (all rocks) and didn't feel comfortable installing the valves and wiring needed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.