New IG pool build in Fort Worth, TX

As LeighHop noted I believe the skimmer and return jet nozzles will get installed tomorrow when they come out to start up the pumps and add the chemicals.

My two boys were so excited they decided to get in and start tossing around the football.

23256859-5C2C-4001-B4FC-D638A44EFE6B.jpg

We all got in tonight after football practice and workouts, we just couldn't wait.

Pool is still filling up; turns out the hose was only about half opened yesterday so we had pretty slow water flow into the pool. Going to set my alarm to get up and check in a few hours that it hasn't overflowed, but we'll be all full tomorrow.

0478E629-10BB-45B8-9F3B-A3EB841E42AA.jpg

D39D4505-A01B-4E03-898E-2C4BE3227305.jpg

EC6BDCCB-B1EE-463D-A950-6F3CCB41FDDE.jpg

Been a busy few days trying to get some projects done around the pool.

Friday was pump start up and pool school. Everything is working great and we're supposed to add chlorine tablets to the feeder this weekend. Also on Friday they added the mastic around the decking so we had to stay away from the pool area so nobody got into the sticky goo. Only thing missing at this time is the gate over the overflow inlet. The plaster guy took it off and forgot to reinstall so he'll bring it back by the house sometime soon.

Yard work consisted of leveling out 6 yards of dirt and then we started all the landscaping planting. Had to rent a hand chisel/hammer to dig the holes but well worth the effort. I also got started on my fence lighting project but won't be able to finish that until the sprinklers are repaired in about a week and the fence is completely reinstalled.

Glad my project work is done for the moment because I'm going to chill out and relax in the pool over this hot Texas weekend!

5AB14276-5C99-4CE6-98A7-F242D4F31061.jpg

334CB75B-C3B3-48CA-9B34-5EA65C48A782.jpg

583CF42A-F3DA-4742-B921-CD0995908599.jpg

97969B27-B0F6-4BF5-AE3F-457A9B23DBAA.jpg

B104A7B4-1341-4F06-B5E2-8E936CB8F10F.jpg

C2F29EA8-36FF-45CD-9195-2C8A78D48FBB.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Gorilla gets a little water in the pool then leaves us hanging :)

You have done a great job in a short period of time...way to go!

My fence guy came by on Saturday and installed the new gate to my side yard. Does a great job of hiding all the pool equipment and stuff on the side of the house. Need to find a different solution to the run-off spot for the gutter so it doesn't flood the bottom of my new fence area.

new_gate.jpg

Also found a place for the basketball goal in the yard. Leveled it all out and the boy's are super excited to have it back up and usable. Only downside is there's still nothing but dirt in the yard so they have to be careful about tracking dirt/mud back onto the decking and into the pool until we get sod down next week.

bball_goal.jpg

And I got started on my low-voltage lighting project. Was able to run all the wire but I can't hook everything up until the last fence panel is installed. That'll happen next week after we take delivery of the sod. I'll have all the wiring attached to the underside of the cross member on the fence to limit how much you'll be able to see of it. These lights will be super helpful on the side of my house where all the guest can enter and exit the backyard.

lvlight1.jpg

lvlight2.jpg

deck_light.jpg

Then I had to take one more night shot of the pool, such a great evening tonight in Fort Worth.

goodnight.jpg

All of that makes my heart so happy for you! I can see the pride in a job well done! It all looks so pretty!!

Do you have any ideas what you are going to do with the downspout?

Kim:kim:

Picked up a flex spout from Home Depot this morning that is plastic and will let me run the water drainage onto the patio area instead of the fence line. I'll post up a photo after I get it installed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.