New IC40. Installed and not working

I,

Either you have good flow or you don't...

If you have good flow out of your pool returns, then the cell or more likely the flow switch is bad.

If you have poor, or weak, flow out of your pool returns, then the most likely cause it that your filter is dirty.

I suppose you could have the cell in backwards... We have seen cases where the cell was originally installed backwards, and then the installer turned the flow switch backwards, to make it work. :(

As long as the flow light is Red, nothing else will work.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I,

Either you have good flow or you don't...

If you have good flow out of your pool returns, then the cell or more likely the flow switch is bad.

If you have poor, or weak, flow out of your pool returns, then the most likely cause it that your filter is dirty.

I suppose you could have the cell in backwards... We have seen cases where the cell was originally installed backwards, and then the installer turned the flow switch backwards, to make it work. :(

As long as the flow light is Red, nothing else will work.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Jim. Thanks For the reply
The flow is no good. Red light since installed.

The cell was installed same as the old one. So it’s not about cell is backwards.

the question here is with its was working with old and not with new ?

It appears you have a DE filter. Have you never backwashed it before? What type of valve do you have on the filter?

It appears you have a DE filter. Have you never backwashed it before? What type of valve do you have on the filter?
Yes DE filter. Seems last owner Backwashed on may 2020. Here are some pictures. Really going insane here

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    354.8 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    415.2 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    454.3 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 15
I,

It sure looks like your cell is in backward to me.. But then I can't see all the plumbing because everything is too close up.

Seems to me that water should flow up through the cell and then go left to your pool returns or right to your spa. ????

Thanks,

Jim R.

I,

It sure looks like your cell is in backward to me.. But then I can't see all the plumbing because everything is too close up.

Seems to me that water should flow up through the cell and then go left to your pool returns or right to your spa. ????

Thanks,

Jim R.

the cell is in the right position Jim. That’s the way they installed it. Want any more picture?

the issue is that everything was working fine but the cell. That’s why I changed it. And when changed, then the flow presented a problem.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You need to break down the filter and clean it properly. Backwashing doesn't really work that well.

More pictures of everything would be helpful.

Check the baskets in the pumps to make sure that they are clean.

What is the filter pressure?

Can you feel any actual water flow from the returns?

Remove the cell and check for debris.

Check the screen on the in-floor cleaning valve.

I,

Tell me what the valve just above the cell does??

Show me a pic of the cell showing the input and output pipes and where they go..

Do you still have the old cell? If so, remove the cover over the flow switch and show us some pics.. I suspect that the flow switch in your old cell was put in backwards so that your old cell would work.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I,

Tell me what the valve just above the cell does??

Show me a pic of the cell showing the input and output pipes and where they go..

Do you still have the old cell? If so, remove the cover over the flow switch and show us some pics.. I suspect that the flow switch in your old cell was put in backwards so that your old cell would work.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    438.1 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    368.3 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    492.8 KB · Views: 13
Technically, Pentair states when the IC is installed vertically, it should be on the upflow section. That is to ensure the flow switch does not fail closed and allow the cell to generate without water flow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.