New house with Pool

I’ve uploaded the pool equipments. I have an auto pool vacuum but also purchased a manual vacuum for spot cleaning .
You have 2 suction lines to your pump. The line on right of the valve seems to show the word “skimmer”. Please confirm that. Do you know what the line on the left may be? It could be a main drain or another skimmer. The valve is set that the skimmer line is full open and the line to the left is closed. so when the pump is running you should be able to look in the skimmer to see the water swirling.

Your return line to the pool are all tightly plumbed together. This would be line with the 320 Chlorinator on it. It shows to go to a line that has the word “floor” on it. Do you have returns that come out of the floor? Then there is a long horizontal pipe that goes down into the ground. Does that have a label on it? Maybe some additional photos is possible when you have time.

It would be better to post the pictures to your reply by using the Attach Files link below.

You have 2 suction lines to your pump. The line on right of the valve seems to show the word “skimmer”. Please confirm that. Do you know what the line on the left may be? It could be a main drain or another skimmer. The valve is set that the skimmer line is full open and the line to the left is closed. so when the pump is running you should be able to look in the skimmer to see the water swirling.

Your return line to the pool are all tightly plumbed together. This would be line with the 320 Chlorinator on it. It shows to go to a line that has the word “floor” on it. Do you have returns that come out of the floor? Then there is a long horizontal pipe that goes down into the ground. Does that have a label on it? Maybe some additional photos is possible when you have time.

It would be better to post the pictures to your reply by using the Attach Files link below.
Unfortunately there’s no proper labeling on these valves.

Attachments

• 4E0EF36B-74A3-401E-B448-22625CFDAC60.jpeg
    4E0EF36B-74A3-401E-B448-22625CFDAC60.jpeg
    611.8 KB · Views: 37
  • EA0B0E47-337D-4B62-8E3E-7A6E72C80052.jpeg
    EA0B0E47-337D-4B62-8E3E-7A6E72C80052.jpeg
    518 KB · Views: 36
  • EBA854BC-49C2-4366-857C-858A27985190.jpeg
    EBA854BC-49C2-4366-857C-858A27985190.jpeg
    610.7 KB · Views: 30
  • D327F19A-8CB9-410C-A8E1-71B78A5D7118.jpeg
    D327F19A-8CB9-410C-A8E1-71B78A5D7118.jpeg
    327.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 979D6ADC-5A10-4586-8D6E-379B5DCAB8AA.jpeg
    979D6ADC-5A10-4586-8D6E-379B5DCAB8AA.jpeg
    451.4 KB · Views: 37
Unfortunately there’s no proper labeling on these valves.
Thanks for the pictures. All I can see is that the return to the first 3 way valve, the pipe noted with “floor” is off (closed) so it is being directed to that new plumbing (all white pvc piping). There is another 3 way valve and the one going down into the ground is also OFF (closed) so it is being diverted to the long white pvc horizontal pipe that is also going into the ground. My assumption is that is the returns to the pool but only you can verify that by putting your hand in front of the returns to determine if flow is coming out when the pump is on.

We just want to confirm all the pool is circulating because once you are ready to get rid of your algae we need to ensure proper flow paths.

Reactions: SummerJake
Thanks for the pictures. All I can see is that the return to the first 3 way valve, the pipe noted with “floor” is off (closed) so it is being directed to that new plumbing (all white pvc piping). There is another 3 way valve and the one going down into the ground is also OFF (closed) so it is being diverted to the long white pvc horizontal pipe that is also going into the ground. My assumption is that is the returns to the pool but only you can verify that by putting your hand in front of the returns to determine if flow is coming out when the pump is on.

We just want to confirm all the pool is circulating because once you are ready to get rid of your algae we need to ensure proper flow paths.
My pump is on and it does feel like it’s coming out.

Ugh. I can’t express my gratitude for everyone’s help 🥺 I was adamant on getting a house with a pool for our son, while my husband emphasized it’ll be a lot of work. You’re all helping me from letting him be right 😥

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just a little word of encouragement — you’re in the right place. I ended up here I’m guessing the same as you. I had problem X with my pool, I googled it, and here I am. I had ZERO pool knowledge prior to this.

I got on here, I read and read and read, and took the advice of the super helpful and friendly people posting advice, and now I couldn’t be happier with my pool. It’s beautiful and clear, with really not much time, effort or $ invested.

I’m educated about my pool now, I know how to solve the basic problems, and I know where to come ask if something harder pops up.

You’re in the right place!

• Love
Just a little word of encouragement — you’re in the right place. I ended up here I’m guessing the same as you. I had problem X with my pool, I googled it, and here I am. I had ZERO pool knowledge prior to this.

I got on here, I read and read and read, and took the advice of the super helpful and friendly people posting advice, and now I couldn’t be happier with my pool. It’s beautiful and clear, with really not much time, effort or $ invested.

I’m educated about my pool now, I know how to solve the basic problems, and I know where to come ask if something harder pops up.

You’re in the right place!
Thank you! You’re giving me lots of hope!

I will return to the house shortly and check the pool. I will pour the 10 gal LC in and check on the Pentair 320 inline feeder. I can only assume it’s empty with no tablets. Any recommendation what tablets I need to buy for it?

I will return to the house shortly and check the pool. I will pour the 10 gal LC in and check on the Pentair 320 inline feeder. I can only assume it’s empty with no tablets. Any recommendation what tablets I need to buy for it?
Don’t use trichlor tablets if you have liquid chlorine. Also, test your pool water before adding anything to your pool. One gallon of 10% LC will add 12ppm of FC to your 8400gal pool. So don’t go wild on adding more than you need.

They will most likely suggest you stick with liquid chlorine because tabs can add unwanted stuff (CYA, calcium etc). Which they are not bad BUT if they go over the only way to lower them is by replacing the water.

Don’t use trichlor tablets if you have liquid chlorine. Also, test your pool water before adding anything to your pool. One gallon of 10% LC will add 12ppm of FC to your 8400gal pool. So don’t go wild on adding more than you need.
Thanks for the clarity. As of right now, no testing until the kit arrives. I do have the strips from Amazon, but read how inaccurate it can be. I will delay on the LC pouring until then.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.