New Hayward Pool/spa. Question about spa

Coogrrr94

Jun 28, 2020
Houston Texas
Our new pool was completed a little over a month ago. I have a question on how the spa is supposed to operate. On the Omnilogic app in the Spa section there are the following options; Filter Pump, Heater, Blower and Lights. My question is regarding the Pump and Blower options. When the filter pump is turned on in spa mode, the water pressure coming out of the jets feels the same as the pressure coming out of the pool return jets when the filter pump is turned on in pool mode. To get that jacuzzi type pressure I need to turn on the blower, unfortunately in that mode, the pressure is so high if you are sitting in front of one of the jets water just shoots all over the place, and escapes out of the spa. Is that how it is supposed to work, sort of an all or nothing experience, is there no middle ground. I was hoping to get that jacuzzi type pressure with just the filter pump turned up to high. I don't want to have to use the blower, the water is so violent and loud in that mode, not very relaxing. Attached is a picture of the type of jets I have, they are simple screw on types just like a pool return, they don't have any internal mechanisms. They are simple waterway spa rotating eyeballs.

If I can't expect to get the jacuzzi type pressure from the pump I wonder if the blower could be dialed back. On the Omnilogic the pump can be adjusted from 0-100%, the blower is only on/off.

I have the Hayward 1.85 THP Variable Speed Pump. Maybe there is a setting that can be adjusted or maybe the Hayward tech can reprogram the board?

Attachments

• waterway spa rotating eyeball.jpg
    waterway spa rotating eyeball.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
My spa has a secondary motor that can be turned on to supplement the Filter pump and give that extra jacuzzi type pressure that you are looking for. On the OmniLogic app, it should appear as a “Feature” under the Spa menu. However, You should get pretty decent pressure from just the Filter pump, especially if it’s not a big spa. Are you sure it’s running at 100%?

Also, blowers are typically just on or off. I’m not aware of any that can be adjusted. However, they should not behave the way you are describing (ie, shooting water out of the spa). How big is the spa and how many jets does it have? Do you have more than one blower?

Thanks for responding. To your question am I sure the pump is running at 100%. On my app it displays that it is running at 100%. Whether or not the speed of the pump is set to max rpm at 100%, I don't know the answer to that. The rpm range for the pump is 600 - 3450. I tried looking at the display on the pump to see what the 4 speeds were set to, but the screen is blank. I assume because it is wired to the Omnilogic board? The Omnilogic board only shows power in watts, not rpm. I've attached pictures of the blank pump screen and the Omnilogic display setting in Spa pump mode low, medium and high. On low (18%) it shows 26W, at medium (50%) is 211W and at high (100%) is 1244W.

The spa is approximately, 7 ft x 8 ft. Only have one blower. There are 8 jets on the bench level and 4 and foot level, although at least 2 of those are just returns.

Attachments

• Spa low.jpg
    Spa low.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Spa high.jpg
    Spa high.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Spa medium.jpg
    Spa medium.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 4
  • pump display.jpg
    pump display.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 4
You need to speak to the designer of your pool system. That pump is quite low in HP for that size spa and that many jets. An additional spa pump or a full size VSP is really needed.

Reactions: Coogrrr94
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.