New HASA Liquid Feeder HLF-300.

hnb

Dec 5, 2022
Alabama
I recently decided to go to liquid chlorine for my pool, previously a salt pool, after having several problems with salt pool cells over the years. I decided to go with the new HASA Liquids Feeder. The install was super easy and it seems to be running fine, holding my chlorine level very steady for the last 4 days. I use a Sutro to monitor chemical status so I'm getting chlorine readings 3 times per day.

My question now is on the chlorine addition process. I know the tank is designed to maintain a level between the two floats. It seems to me if I add chlorine through the filler while its at its normal operating level, the tank might overflow before I add any large amount of chlorine. It would really seem to be an issue if I attempt to add 4 gallons at once as I did for initial startup. As such, I now assume I would add 1 gallon at a time. Is it expected that I would be adding 1 gallon per day or every few days? This doesn’t seem like much of an improvement over just adding the liquid chlorine directly in the pool.

What am I missing?

Any help suggestions would be appreciated.

Those units work pretty well when they work. I had one for a few years until I switched to a Stenner pump.

Now to answer your question. You can add a full load of bleach when it needs it. The trick is to pour it slowly into the funnel. While you're doing that, the liquid on top of the bleach will flow out of the float and into the pool. Just go slow and it'll be fine. I had the 8-gallon model and could pour 8 gallons into it over the course of several minutes.

I assume that you can see the bleach/water interface in the vessel, if so you'll know when you need to add more bleach.

• Love
Reactions: hnb and Leebo
I recently decided to go to liquid chlorine for my pool, previously a salt pool, after having several problems with salt pool cells over the years. I decided to go with the new HASA Liquids Feeder. The install was super easy and it seems to be running fine, holding my chlorine level very steady for the last 4 days. I use a Sutro to monitor chemical status so I'm getting chlorine readings 3 times per day.

My question now is on the chlorine addition process. I know the tank is designed to maintain a level between the two floats. It seems to me if I add chlorine through the filler while its at its normal operating level, the tank might overflow before I add any large amount of chlorine. It would really seem to be an issue if I attempt to add 4 gallons at once as I did for initial startup. As such, I now assume I would add 1 gallon at a time. Is it expected that I would be adding 1 gallon per day or every few days? This doesn’t seem like much of an improvement over just adding the liquid chlorine directly in the pool.

What am I missing?

Any help suggestions would be appreciated.
The water level in the tank is maintained by the floats. You only need to worry about maintaining a level of chlorine in the sight tube. That will drop depending on how the outflow is set. May only need to fill it weekly.

Be aware that you will need to periodically clean the salt residue from the tank and off the float-valve seals. These new systems are an improved "Liquidator" but still require maintenance. The tank drain and easy removal of the external tubing will make it easier than before.

Reactions: hnb
Had both good and bad experiences with SWGs over the years. I initially went to a SWG after using Baquacil for several years which worked fairly well but was expensive. I started having huge bounces with the Baquacil and then went the SWG route, again working well for a few years. First problem was a bad cell that was replaced under a limited prorated warranty so I did have out of pocket expenses. Then later my controller was fried by lightning. I purchased a new system and that worked well for awhile and that new cell went bad. Again mostly covered under warranty but still some out of pocket dollars. I had to wait awhile for the replacement cell due to supply chain issues. While waiting I threw in a HTH Floater and that worked better than expected. So rather than waiting too long on the replacement cell, I decided to go with liquid chlorine and that's when I purchased the HASA. So far so good but it hasn't been in for a long period of time. I'll just have to wait and see.

Additionally, as a 74 year old I got tired of throwing around 40 pound bags of salt.

Sorry about the long winded reply.

Cross-post regarding a problem with the Liquid Feeders and a free fix from HASA. Us 74 year old Pool Geezers gotta help each other out.

Cross-post regarding a problem with the Liquid Feeders and a free fix from HASA. Us 74 year old Pool Geezers gotta help each other out.

I had the same problem initially as well. I resolved my issue with a drill bit as well. I took a set of bits out to the unit and then removed both floats. I found a bit that snuggly fit in the pivot hole for the float and then went a up a bit size and manually turned the bit a little at a time to ream out the pivot hole. Just made sure I didn't ream out the hole too large, I popped the float back on and checked the movement of the float. Did this a couple of times and when finished, the float now moves up and down smoothly and haven't had a problem since.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.