New Fill, First Time User, SWG - What now?

roundbox52

Aug 6, 2020
WNY
Pool installed 7/7, fully filled with tap water on 7/9. Rain/mud has prohibited me from running the pump yet so the water has sat with no chemicals for almost 1 week. I hope to get the pump running tonight. Took a test of the water this morning. What now? I haven't added any salt or chemicals.

Attachments

• 7906612639456996561-.jpg
    7906612639456996561-.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 8
Welcome to TFP :)

The very first thing and the most important is a great test kit.. Those guess strips are not worth the money you spent on them... Test Kits Compared

Your pool holds about 17,000 gallons

You will want to add 4 pounds of CYA Amazon.com : PuriTech Stabilizer Conditioner Cyanuric Acid UV Protection for Swimming Pools and Spas (25lbs) : Garden & Outdoor

add 1 gallon of liquid chlorine daily till you get your test kit..

while waiting go ahead and browse some articles :)

ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
Recommended Levels

Once you get the pump running and get the pool cleared up and we make sure doing a Overnight Chlorine Loss Test you have nothing growing in the pool then we can raise the CYA level to 80 and add salt then start up your SWG :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.