New Fiberglass install in Clarksville TN (Dig started Nov 16, 2020)

The bulge on the side of the pool with the skimmer would drive me nuts. Is there a reason there is a bulge there and that side of the pool does not go straight? Id expect it to follow the strait out side line of the concrete.

Ok that makes wayyyy more sense then. The pics you took don’t have a straight shot down the other side so it looks like it doesn’t stick out as much. Way better if it’s symmetrical on both sides.

Reactions: Apsuhead
I worked non-stop all weekend during daylight. Really worked on the yard ... used big lawn roller, spike aerator, and brought in a tractor with a big seeder and cultivator from the farm. It really smoothed out the lawn nicely. I put down lime and starter fertilizer and used tons of fescue and winter rye grass before putting down a light coat of straw. I used 33 bags of landscaping stones to finish the decking. Everything is looking great, including the pool water. 👍
98051DEB-04E8-426E-A4A7-26B1D9F5D67D.jpeg85EA2EE5-5F80-47DE-BD97-C856D4782AE8.jpegC7678CA1-0ED6-4864-8CE4-BB12A6157C27.jpegE690023F-6A88-4AD2-AA66-BA76E9C6E93A.jpeg7F414733-E43C-4994-B203-E6D2BF33D90A.jpegC36A04F8-DF5A-4ADB-A587-4BA15A7AB097.jpegF1994E79-D01A-4D93-B0AC-A2CBABC9C6F1.jpegBD915762-E056-4A46-A458-24F349F7B1D2.jpeg

Last edited:
Quite the transformation in a relatively short amount of time. Not many people would have access to that kind of equipment to knock out that work, nicely done! Like the landscape rock and the wall separating the rock from the new grass. You'll have grass and be swimming before you know it.

The seeder really did a good job. It worked up the soil and got the seed down in the ground. We got 2 inches of rain last night so hopefully everything didn’t get washed away. The pool water rose but everything looked good this morning. I got a few pieces of straw out of the pool but the grading kept the rain water going to all the right places. I worked hard on my lawn the last 2 years and I had great results with my KY 31 fescue. I over seeded last fall but it really didn’t take off until the spring. That’s why I added the ryegrass seed, because I know it will sprout quickly in the winter until the fescue kicks in during the spring. I just need to add my equipment pad fence/roof and I should be done until spring. Here is a video of the seeder in action yesterday ...

Looks good, grading blends well. Surprised your using cool season grass I figured in TN you would be zoysia or bentgrass mixes. We got snow up here in NJ amd a big one coming wed night
We are in no-mans land for grass here in TN. It's really too hot for fescue unless you can water the heck out of it, and it's too cool for Bermuda/Zoysia. The Bermuda really doesn't come in great until late May, and then it dies out in mid October.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The grass has definitely been a work in progress, that was my last big project after buying this house several years ago. I spent one season just trying to get rid of all the crabgrass, weeds, and moles. Then I added lime and overseeded last fall. It really looked great this season. I adjusted my mower to cut it as high as possible which helps it survive the hot and dry summer stretches. I made a striper for my mower and the long grass really lays down nicely too. I have one little section of Bermuda by the neighbors yard and it is a pain when it constantly grows over the edge of the road and I have to keep it edged. I have a ton of trimming and edging being on a big corner lot and having our big privacy fence. Hopefully I can get my new grass to look as good as the rest of the lawn.
56EF935E-B9B2-41CE-B947-76E1D2D1603E.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Slaru
The grass has definitely been a work in progress, that was my last big project after buying this house several years ago. I spent one season just trying to get rid of all the crabgrass, weeds, and moles. Then I added lime and overseeded last fall. It really looked great this season. I adjusted my mower to cut it as high as possible which helps it survive the hot and dry summer stretches. I made a striper for my mower and the long grass really lays down nicely too. I have one little section of Bermuda by the neighbors yard and it is a pain when it constantly grows over the edge of the road and I have to keep it edged. I have a ton of trimming and edging being on a big corner lot and having our big privacy fence. Hopefully I can get my new grass to look as good as the rest of the lawn.
View attachment 170905
You know how you get rid of Bermuda?

Yup it's a vicious grass. I'm a lawn connisuer at times that's why I asked. KY31 is considered pasture grass up here. they all want tall turf fescue and bluegrass mixes but most have sprinklers to handle it

This comment right here explains the difference between north and south Jersey. Back when I lived in Morris county, my lawn was amazing. Down in SJ, my lawn is comprised of bad decisions and regret. 2/3 of my lawn can’t hold water and the other third saturates. I really had to redo my entire sprinkler system when we moved in 10 years ago. Even our lawn in Burlington county was easy to care for and perpetually green!

I’d have to say the biggest reason I use the fescue is that I can find it on clearance in the off season for under $30 for a 50 lb bag. I was so excited about our big 1 acre lot, until I realized how expensive it is to fertilize or seed it. I don’t even use our irrigation system because it only waters about 25% of my lawn. I buy my fertilizer on clearance and then store it in my mower shed. I’ve got tons of big bags of crabgrass preventer, weed and feed, and regular fertilizer for under $5 a bag. I even got tons of Morton’s pool salt in the fall for $1 a bag and stored it under the house.
I love our new pool, but it’s killing me that we have a back yard full of dirt right now. I worked hard on that grass ... LOL 😆
B97372E6-F910-4C1F-AE6E-9DF8C8046CE7.jpeg

Got one wall of the equipment shed finished. Need to add one more post, the front wall, and roof. Rain delayed me today.
316972FC-6809-43E7-9479-8F34776848AA.jpeg
My total cost ended up being $50,025. I added the light, salt water generator, upgraded to a VS pump, and got extra concrete. It is nice that no extra fees are added and the cost is exactly what is on the original contract, except for the extras I added.
02A4621A-0150-4764-8845-FE963FCD3CAF.jpegDD38680C-C3DF-451E-9207-4768072EE580.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.