New Fiberglass install in Clarksville TN (Dig started Nov 16, 2020)

I'm sure you verified, but are the longer legs of that rectangle square with the form board to the north (north in the photo)? Looks to be way off to me. That would bug me. Do you have the box staked some how so it doesn't get pushed around when they fill?

--Jeff

Reactions: Apsuhead
All the boards look good to me, maybe it was the shadows in the pic. The box will be staked before they pour. My fence isn’t perfectly square with my house/patio but I like the way they placed my pool and concrete. I’m going to put landscaping rocks and a few plants/scrubs between the concrete and fence so it shouldn’t be very noticeable. I’m also going to put a matching brown roof over the equipment pad and privacy fence on one side to block the equipment from the lounge chair/house side. Excited to see the concrete when I get home tomorrow.

Reactions: Turbo1Ton
I talked to one of the old guys who showed up first today before I left for work. He asked me if I wanted to open up the pool now or wait for spring. I told him that I would wait for spring. He thought that was a good idea because I already had the pool water clear and sparkling. He said that is what he would do if it was his pool, because there was no reason to put water in the pipes right now. He asked, "What robot did you buy? I've never seen pool water so clear before it was hooked up to a filter and equipment!" I told him a Pentair Warrior SE ... & l had lots of help from a site called TroubleFreePool!

Why do they still have that bar across the pool wedging it over on the skimmer side? Once they pull that bar out will the cement be lined up to the pool edge or will there be a new space between pool and cement? I don't understand why its even in there this long?

You didn't want the cement to be up to the edge like coping? Did they ask you how far to put it?

Maddie :flower:

Just got home and was able to walk around the pool. The wedge is gone, it was mainly there for the backfill. The equipment pad looks good, I want to build a roof over it asap. The concrete got a little discolored when they cleaned up the edge of the fiberglass today but should blend in fine. I didn’t want the cantilever deck. My fiberglass shell comes up over the top of the concrete so it has a nice smooth edge. 8720EBE0-357F-4390-9265-08BC4C9BF6D5.jpeg45AEF345-BFB4-4A07-AE94-D9340C28D799.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That is looking great! Smart move on waiting until the spring but I do worry about the pump as in making sure it works just in case it does not. Does not happen often but there is always that off chance.

So what is the thinking about that open area between the equipment and the other part of the decking?

Shelter over the equipment-make sure it is easy to get off so you can work on the equipment as needed.

LOVE the comment about your clear water!!! TFP scores again!!

Kim:kim:

I was originally just going to put extra concrete for the loungers in the center of the pool & the put equipment pad in the far corner of the yard. The concrete truck would have to drive over my plumbing if I did that location. So we decided to attach it to the back corner of my decking, which is nice because I don’t have to walk through grass to get to the equipment. It does create a weird little space between the loungers and equipment, but after I put my landscaping rocks between the fence and the decking on that entire side ... it shouldn’t stand out as much. It is also the perfect spot for a nice plant/bush/flower of some sort. I’m going to build out the privacy fence on that side of the equipment (&roof) to kind of hide it and buffer the sound too. It will be similar to my storage shed that I built for my mower in the back corner of my lawn, it blends into the fence so well that no one even notices it is there. C0EC3DB0-7DFB-4C33-984D-90E68624C27C.jpeg

Install is complete, PB just loaded up all the equipment and is gone! Everything looks great, they just have to bring handrail next week. Grading turned out good, just needs a little finishing and I can get grass growing. 0F3B98E8-FF8E-4CAB-8E05-5A3128C4ACBB.jpeg1A260347-B63A-4C92-99A9-B008D5024DFC.jpeg10F079A6-1EE3-4E5E-8BBB-EF09A7BE6946.jpegA11C242D-280C-400C-B190-E56E82B51AB4.jpeg41A8FD7A-772A-4B41-9DD9-439A39331FB7.jpeg44FC306A-6A69-4020-B78D-EDBC370122E1.jpeg638495B5-79AD-4AEE-9ACE-844D13EC9087.jpegB3133465-74E4-4905-BD72-9E51B79814AF.jpeg3FE04EB5-7972-43AF-91AE-805BE1CA45E5.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.