New construction

Reactions: newbie919
Is poolmath log always 4hrs ahead :) Just added at 727pm log says added at 1127pm
Ok poolmath is pretty close to dead on. Added 128oz of bleach raised me to 14.5. Gonna run hot till they finish and as long as weather stays this unbearable.

Reactions: Newdude
View attachment 514755

It's a weird glitch at times. We see that you did it 'in 4 hours' like we can see the future.
It's like precrime. If y'all see me adding something I shouldnt stop me. lol
minority report GIF by Fox TV

• Love
Sometimes I just dump it right there as I'm 'well above min' and don't need to think about it until at least tomorrow, probably a few days even. Lol.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
With my Swg not connected yet I will continue rolling “hot”. Start waterfalls Monday and hopefully we will be done. PB showed up said most new builds are a swamp what are you doing? Told them tab feeder they installed was doing a “great” job. 😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: RLP and Newdude
So added about 1800g of water yesterday. Tested FC this morning see logs. Used a filter on water hose. Tested said water this morning after shock of test. 1.5ppm chlorine. Whoops. Anyone else have this happen. image.jpg

Anyone else have this happen.
No. 🤷‍♂️. I would have expected about a 15% dilution for FC / salt /CYA and a slight decrease in CH because the fill water likely has some CH.

What are you looking to filter out of the fill water ? Those hose filters aren't good for much. They remove the chlorine (from the fill water) and not much else. 100ft of old dirty hose may have already removed the chlorine before it gets to the filter. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: newbie919
We have hard well water here turns everything orange and then black. Leaves a white residue on my plants and bushes so I started to use a filter. Will retest tonight. Also has a about 2 lbs of stone dust from waterfall build. Getting closer. IMG_6652.jpeg71279034913__A8BCE5A9-FA84-49CE-B083-76A7915DA52F.jpeg

Tested it rt out the filter and that is where I hit the 1.5ppm on my test. I last added a gallon of 10% bleach a few days ago. Been really cloudy this past week. Thinking the Trichlor tabs they added have finally fully dissolved. Add the 1.5ppm filtered water I added and I am super hot right now. Will retest tonight and tomorrow morning. #staytuned lol Pool guy said he did not add anything 🙄

Last edited:
Ok dropped 200lbs of salt in and fired up the swg. Will test tomorrow after 24hrs. Kid enjoy last few days before he leaves for school again. Cool deck tomorrow if rain holds up. Sod yesterday. Water bill thru the roof for 10 days😡IMG_6713.jpeg

Ok ordered TF Pro with salt. Not digging the salt test strip. Do I trust this or is there an actual salt test similar to other testsIMG_6715.jpeg in the kit? For salt in log do I use swg insta or average salt for now?

TF Pro with salt should have come with the salt test kit - not test strips. The difference in TF Pro and TF Pro Salt is basically this in the attached link: TF Salt Bundle

That would be 3 items:

• 0.75oz R-0630 Chromate Indicator Reagent
  • 0.75oz R-0718 Silver Nitrate Reagent
  • TF Graduated Cylinder
  • Printed instructions

Did you by chance order the standard TF Pro and ADD the salt test strips?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.