New construction

TF Pro with salt should have come with the salt test kit - not test strips. The difference in TF Pro and TF Pro Salt is basically this in the attached link: TF Salt Bundle

That would be 3 items:

• 0.75oz R-0630 Chromate Indicator Reagent
  • 0.75oz R-0718 Silver Nitrate Reagent
  • TF Graduated Cylinder
  • Printed instructions

Did you by chance order the standard TF Pro and ADD the salt test strips?
Possible my mistake thiughtvthe add on was just an add on IMG_6718.png

My bad I never realized these are in here. where can I find instructions for salt test not in card or any of the sheets

10ml sample. One drop of chromate (yellowish bottle). Then count drops of silver nitrate (orangish bottle). Each drop is 200ppm and it's finished when the sample goes from yellowish milk, to brick/salmon reddish.

Reactions: newbie919
Email them - they forgot to include the instructions when I ordered mine as well.

-Tom
I believe a friend of ours (college kid) works there I may blame her. They are actually a few miles away happy to support local. Will find and just print a copy so I have a backup for my fading memory. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
When I emailed them - they said it was on their website - here is what is there:

Salt Test (Taylor K-1766 or TF Salt Test Kit)

PROCEDURE: CAREFULLY READ AND FOLLOW PRECAUTIONS ON REAGENT LABELS. KEEP REAGENTS AWAY FROM CHILDREN.

For 1 drop = 200 ppm Sodium Chloride

1. Rinse and fill the plain graduated cylinder to 10 mL mark with water to be tested.

2. Add 1 drop R-0630 Chromate Indicator. Swirl to mix. Sample should turn yellow.

3. Add R-0718 Silver Nitrate Reagent dropwise, swirling and counting after each drop, until color changes from yellow to a milky salmon (brick) red. Always hold bottle in vertical position. NOTE: Do not add enough R-0718 Silver Nitrate Reagent to give a brown color. First change from yellow to a milky salmon (brick) red is the endpoint.

4. Multiply drops of R-0718 Silver Nitrate Reagent by 200. Record as parts per million (ppm) salt as sodium chloride (salt water).

Passed build final-fence and gates are good. Ughh failed final electrical. Bad Siemens breaker that runs lights and heater. Also Flowmeter is not reading. The little things. :)

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
cell temp 85.6
avg salt 2900
cell type tcells340
cell v 34.68
insta salt no show
cell curr 0
relay pol off
This started a few hours after flow sense went down.
Is this because of the flow sense? I have shut down at box and restarted to no avail.

Reading his threads now. Inspector asked for lights and heater to be on own circuit. (20Amp) think heater at initial startup/test is drawing too much. Also I have an outlet on there so I disconnected that and it is still tripping. Electrician will be back tuesday. Hopefully this is all related. No problems with anything until inspector started slamming breakers this morning.

Reactions: Newdude
Concrete guy dumped an about 4lbs of clay and stone in the pool I spent 3 weeks cleaning clay and stone from. 😡
I swear! The more I read accounts saying this I'm beginning to think its a little passive-aggressive game they play.
"Neener Neener! It be your pool, but its my labor!"
It just happens too darn often.

Next up: the rocks around your pool... is that a dry bed to halt water into the pool?

Next Next up: What's up with the beams in the metal trashcans?

Nexzt next next up: Have you discovered skimmer socks? You line your skimmer basket with them and then pop'em out and toss (or being more environmentally conscience and use the reusable ones)

Lastly- never add copious amounts of salt while the device is turned on. Leave off for a day to allow entirely mixed and dissolved before turning on.

Beautiful pool and yard.

Maddie 🌻

I swear! The more I read accounts saying this I'm beginning to think its a little passive-aggressive game they play.
"Neener Neener! It be your pool, but its my labor!"
It just happens too darn often.

Next up: the rocks around your pool... is that a dry bed to halt water into the pool?

Next Next up: What's up with the beams in the metal trashcans?

Nexzt next next up: Have you discovered skimmer socks? You line your skimmer basket with them and then pop'em out and toss (or being more environmentally conscience and use the reusable ones)

Lastly- never add copious amounts of salt while the device is turned on. Leave off for a day to allow entirely mixed and dissolved before turning on.

Beautiful pool and yard.

Maddie 🌻
Rocks are a french drain to divert water from pool but also to take water away from uneven terrain due to septic area.
Trash Cans with beams are wood posts wife just painted. Used to hang string lights. wind bent all the metal ones we tried and anything lighter gets toppled over. Again no digging due to septic.
Went with your recommendation and bought reusable skimmer socks. Replace every two weeks.
Now just waiting for concrete coating to dry so I can water fresh sod b4 it dies.
Hopefully electrician finds problem and we get an elecrical final next week. Like New Dude said punch list getting smaller.
(y):)

Last edited:
Ok I am to much of a DIY to sit around and wait. Did the phone cord trick. Bingo 2month install on flow switch goes bad?
Will leave cord in till I can get close enough to pool water to test. Afraid Concrete Stain may be wet still. IMG_6768.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.