New Construction in SE Pennsylvania

Just think what the trees will be in 20-30 years. Time flies. As J said, dwarf varieties are good friends. And dwarf is only relative to the original sometimes.

Just think what the trees will be in 20-30 years. Time flies. As J said, dwarf varieties are good friends. And dwarf is only relative to the original sometimes.
Right. Look at limelight. 8 foot plus. I have seen them up to 12 plus. Then little limes came out. 4 feet round. I have gotten them to 6 feet. So now enter bobo. 2 round only. So now we have dwarfs of dwarfs cause even the dwarf was too big maybe. Lol

We had a very similar build with A&S and similar impervious surface issues in Bucks County. We went with a gravel fire pit area and different size river rocks and flagstone as walk ways around the pool area and slide to get around the impervious surface space.
For plantings, Bobo Hydrangea, Day lillies, Skip Laurels, a crape myrtle & little gem magnolia for specimens and a lot of different grasses. Also ate up a good amount of space with a putting green, if youre into golf. - inexpensive artificial turf over modified stone and some sand, permeable and no grass to cut or plants to take care of.

Attachments

• IMG_5713.jpg
    IMG_5713.jpg
    568.8 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_6374.jpg
    IMG_6374.jpg
    730.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_6379.jpg
    IMG_6379.jpg
    429 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_6388.jpg
    IMG_6388.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 58
Crape myrtles are very pretty, but as they get older and larger, the massive amounts of tiny blossoms can annoy pool owners as the drop to the water surface for a few weeks. And they are so light, they can push up with each wave of water and stick on the tile. Mine is big but about 30' away and also 8' below the pool so it isn't a problem.

One ornamental grass to stay away from in Karl Foerster feather reed grass. It's a great grass, but it's millions of tiny seeds freely disperse. Anywhere but near a pool they are unnoticeable.

Hi all,

Kool Deck patio was put in Monday. It's been crazy hot so I can really feel the difference between the patio and the coping. Glad I went this route - wasn't sure on the color at first but it's growing on me.108597

108599Had my pre-plaster inspection last evening and plaster date is set for Tuesday. Almost there!

• Love
Reactions: PoolGate
Russian sage is nice but keep in mind that it is an aggressive spreader. You need to keep it contained or plant it in an area of its own.
As long as you are proactive about it meaning trimming it down each season and cleaning up around it they don’t spread. They mount up a lot and get big. They do get woody if not pruned back each year. That’s how I kept mine in check when they were planted around other perennials.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks great! Love the color combinations all around. Glad to hear it's functional with it being easy to walk on as well. It's been hot here lately! Water temps in the pool hitting upper 80s already!

I am already liking that color!!!

Here is a link to different start ups: Start-up New Plaster - Trouble Free Pool

Know there might be a bit of green color to it in the beginning. This is normal. As the water gets balanced and the plaster cures the true color will show through!

Make sure to brush twice a day in the beginning to help get the plaster dust into the water so the filter can grab it!

Kim:kim:

I am already liking that color!!!

Here is a link to different start ups: Start-up New Plaster - Trouble Free Pool

Know there might be a bit of green color to it in the beginning. This is normal. As the water gets balanced and the plaster cures the true color will show through!

Make sure to brush twice a day in the beginning to help get the plaster dust into the water so the filter can grab it!

Kim:kim:

Thanks for the tips! Brushing will commence soon!

Here are the fill pictures.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.