New Construction in SE Pennsylvania

bmoreswim

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 16, 2012
Central MD
Just think what the trees will be in 20-30 years. Time flies. As J said, dwarf varieties are good friends. And dwarf is only relative to the original sometimes.

jimim

Bronze Supporter
Jun 20, 2016
NE/Pa
Just think what the trees will be in 20-30 years. Time flies. As J said, dwarf varieties are good friends. And dwarf is only relative to the original sometimes.
Right. Look at limelight. 8 foot plus. I have seen them up to 12 plus. Then little limes came out. 4 feet round. I have gotten them to 6 feet. So now enter bobo. 2 round only. So now we have dwarfs of dwarfs cause even the dwarf was too big maybe. Lol

badbear31

May 4, 2019
Philadelphia PA
We had a very similar build with A&S and similar impervious surface issues in Bucks County. We went with a gravel fire pit area and different size river rocks and flagstone as walk ways around the pool area and slide to get around the impervious surface space.
For plantings, Bobo Hydrangea, Day lillies, Skip Laurels, a crape myrtle & little gem magnolia for specimens and a lot of different grasses. Also ate up a good amount of space with a putting green, if youre into golf. - inexpensive artificial turf over modified stone and some sand, permeable and no grass to cut or plants to take care of.

Attachments

bmoreswim

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 16, 2012
Central MD
Crape myrtles are very pretty, but as they get older and larger, the massive amounts of tiny blossoms can annoy pool owners as the drop to the water surface for a few weeks. And they are so light, they can push up with each wave of water and stick on the tile. Mine is big but about 30' away and also 8' below the pool so it isn't a problem.

One ornamental grass to stay away from in Karl Foerster feather reed grass. It's a great grass, but it's millions of tiny seeds freely disperse. Anywhere but near a pool they are unnoticeable.

Thread starter Other Threads of Interest Forum Replies Date
winesalot Under Construction 4
B Under Construction 10
Bfassler Under Construction 5

Other Threads of Interest