New Construction in SE Pennsylvania

OP
OP
B
Oct 17, 2018
SE Pennsylvania
Wow very nice! What SWCG did they spec for you? Jandy has 2 (40k models). If it is the FusionSoft that is fine it is a great SWCG just don't use or install the mineral cartridge but the SWCG portion of it works very well. See my sig line that is what I have. I would also suggest you fill out your sigline now with what you know.
Noted! I don't have the specific details on my equipment just yet, but I did update my signature for now. I'll try to find out. Thanks.

PoolGate

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 7, 2017
Damascus, MD
Wow looks great! BTW: If you get the Zodiac IQ20-RS kit (NOT the "A" kit) you will add full web access to your system. I added it to mine it is a 10 minute upgrade but you should do it before you program as it requires re-programming once you swap the board. Programming from the PDA is absolutely horrible you really want this upgrade!

OP
OP
B
Oct 17, 2018
SE Pennsylvania
No more progress yet since it's winter, but I did have a question that I was wondering if anyone could answer. Due the slope of my yard, on the backside of the pool by my bench I was originally going to have the pool wall be exposed and stucco'd where, to help with grading. I decided to not have the PB do this and was going to just put in a large retaining wall, but after getting quotes for the wall I am kind of wondering if I made the wrong decision.

My question is, can the pool wall still be exposed and stucco'd, or is it too late since the wall was not made to be thicker in this area? I am not sure if they were going to make it thicker/reinforce it for this purpose originally. Just curious if anyone has an idea of this or is ITT and knows concrete better than I.

Thank you!

Attachments

PoolGate

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 7, 2017
Damascus, MD
Retaining walls are crazy expensive. I would talk to your builder and see what they say. I can't imagine them making the wall thicker though just because it will be exposed.

jimmythegreek

Bronze Supporter
Aug 10, 2017
Morris Cnty NJ
should be same strength and thickness. you can do a stone veneer for cheap or cover w stucco, etc and just grade away from the wall and simply cap that area. I dont know how far back your lot goes but you could also just grade a hill down away from coping once its in, wont look bad ive seen it done