New build in Wylie TX

Sorry about your tile troubles.

Have they stained your deck yet? I'm excited to see it. We have an irregular stone shape concrete deck also with browns/tans. You can see pics in my build thread in my signature, top of page 3.

It looked nice while the color lasted. Sealing it probably helped color retention some, but it didn't last. Now 6 years out I'm too maintenance averse to re-staining 1600 S.F. (each stone gets done separately) so it will probably stay like it is now. Very faded and showing it's gray. Kinda like me. It's also less slippery now than it was before.

Not sealing the concrete, for the simple fact the accent concrete will be in the sealant, and sealant in Texas wont last. I've seen concrete with bad sealant and it looks like cattle trails after a short time.

Here it is, the correct tile sample next to the one we choose. I know but my wife is not a bling person and she loves the subtle look. The pic is from an overcast day as well.

Attachments

• tile2.jpeg
    tile2.jpeg
    90.8 KB · Views: 85
I been hunting the forum, what I gather is I need to add 12-13 lbs of baking soda to get my TA up. Then work on PH with Borax. I have read everything I can and I feel so lost and upset with my PB.

Contract signed ahead of the Pentair price increase due to new tariff. Enough PB would have to adjust my current quote to reflect. Colors are picked (too much gray for me, but happy wife). Dig date open until PB gets a grip on all his rain problems.

I am glad *you* mentioned the gray color and not me. :) I get it that gray is VERY popular now, but as much as I LOVE my wife, I would have had to veto anything that gray that will be that permanent. Of course, if you really LIKE that color (and not that it's what is popular this year) then it's all good! BUT...I would take the gray over the "Garth Brooks" tile, though. ;)

Nonetheless, it looks like it's going to be fantastic when it's done!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am glad *you* mentioned the gray color and not me. :) I get it that gray is VERY popular now, but as much as I LOVE my wife, I would have had to veto anything that gray that will be that permanent. Of course, if you really LIKE that color (and not that it's what is popular this year) then it's all good! BUT...I would take the gray over the "Garth Brooks" tile, though. ;)

Nonetheless, it looks like it's going to be fantastic when it's done!
She has a master plan of color accents around the pool. She generally pulls her designs off, but you have to see it complete, not in stages.

She has a master plan of color accents around the pool. She generally pulls her designs off, but you have to see it complete, not in stages.
Ah, makes sense. My wife is the same...she will show me something and at first I gag, but then...well, it's pretty awesome.

My PB told me he does an acid bath plaster cure. (Lazy cure to benefit the PB IMO). If I dose it with baking soda and do it the TF way I’m sure I’ll gain years but lose if I have a problem tomorrow. NPT reccomends the high acid start up.

Saga continues. I'm on day 15 since the pool fill and wrong tile was installed. Tile company picked up the correct tile 2/1/19, PB was suppose to get me a drain and install day Monday and I have not heard from him. (i'm not going to push him to send the wrong guy just to get a pushy customer off his back.) Good part is water chems seem to be good for start up. I do not have automation installed yet? I asked and he said they do that day before pool school, does this sound normal? (I still have a chunk of his money)

Thank you. The patio cover was designed long before the pool. My friend designs, drafts and builds around 3-4 a week, he’s 6-8 weeks booked. Stain and gutters hopefully this week. It’s nice to be sitting up over the pool too.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.