New build in Wylie TX

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 11, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
If at all possible be there the day of the gunite. The crew may have some ideas or concerns and it is best the answers come from you.

After dig measure adding about 8" for the steel, gunite, and plaster.

Steel day-is the skimmer frame made? are the lights and return areas shown?. Benches? Shelves? steps?

Having coolers of drinks set out always help the moral of the crew! Food is even better LOL

Kim:kim:

Txjole

Bronze Supporter
Aug 22, 2018
Wylie/TX
Day one done. That operator has skills, I watched him work that track hoe like it was his own hand. Steel and plumbing today, looking at gunite Thursday or Friday (depending if the inspector can get out this afternoon) IMG_0194.jpg IMG_0195.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Question on umbrella sleeves. Is this the size everyone recommends? If not I can change it, PB has to change the skimmers, sleeves and autofill to grey instead of tan, because everything on the pool is grey.

Attachments

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 11, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Do you have the umbrella you think you will be using? If you don't have one you can run down to the store and pick one you might use and try it out.

Kim:kim:

Txjole

Bronze Supporter
Aug 22, 2018
Wylie/TX
My beautiful dig turned into this today. Luckily they got steel and plumbing in yesterday and saw 2 days of non-stop rain coming and got it gunite flashed hours before a down pour. IMG_0216.jpg

Jbrillo

Gold Supporter
Jun 12, 2018
League City, Texas
Hope it dries up for you! Here we’ve been getting rain for a day or so then sunshine for 3-4days then rain again. It just can’t seem to stay dry. And it’s 40 one day and 80 the next. Gotta love Texas winters!

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 11, 2012
Tallahassee, FL

Txjole

Bronze Supporter
Aug 22, 2018
Wylie/TX
Oh I been watering, cleaning up the job site, apologizing to neighbors for a Saturday 6am gunite rig wake-up call.

only question I have is, tile is next and my PB said “see you Monday” when he left Saturday. Can they start coping that quick or do I need to go the whole “7 day” watering/curing?

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 11, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Different pb do things different ways. Some even say to wait 30 days before tile. I am not 100 sure which is correct so will leave it to you to do some research and decide what you what to tell your pb.

Txjole

Bronze Supporter
Aug 22, 2018
Wylie/TX
Coping and tile today. 2-1/2 days after gunite was shot. PB insures me we will be fine, humidity running 50%+ and temps 45-65. The mans been doing it along time, guess we will go with it.

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Expert
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
tx,

This is about what they did with my pool, it may have even been quicker... It has been over four years and no issues...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Edit... I went back and looked at some pics and it appears they did the Gunite on the 6th and coping and tile on the 10th....

Txjole

Bronze Supporter
Aug 22, 2018
Wylie/TX
Tile work is done. Today they plumb to pad, trap line to sewer and electrician may make and appearance. (bad pic screen shot off a camera.)

tile.jpg

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Expert
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
The IntelliFlo comes without unions and unless you ask for them most pool builder don't provide them..

Sad, but true.. I believe that installing a $1,500 pump without pump unions should be illegal... :p

Jim R.