bmoreswim

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 16, 2012
Central MD
Sorry about your tile troubles.

Have they stained your deck yet? I'm excited to see it. We have an irregular stone shape concrete deck also with browns/tans. You can see pics in my build thread in my signature, top of page 3.

It looked nice while the color lasted. Sealing it probably helped color retention some, but it didn't last. Now 6 years out I'm too maintenance averse to re-staining 1600 S.F. (each stone gets done separately) so it will probably stay like it is now. Very faded and showing it's gray. Kinda like me. It's also less slippery now than it was before.

Txjole

Bronze Supporter
Aug 22, 2018
Wylie/TX
Not sealing the concrete, for the simple fact the accent concrete will be in the sealant, and sealant in Texas wont last. I've seen concrete with bad sealant and it looks like cattle trails after a short time.

Txjole

Bronze Supporter
Aug 22, 2018
Wylie/TX
Here it is, the correct tile sample next to the one we choose. I know but my wife is not a bling person and she loves the subtle look. The pic is from an overcast day as well.

Attachments

Txjole

Bronze Supporter
Aug 22, 2018
Wylie/TX
Nope, made it pretty clear. Chemical question.
CI 0
PH below 6.8
CH 275
CYA N/A
TA 2 drops of R-0008 and it went red, no R-0009 at all???

Txjole

Bronze Supporter
Aug 22, 2018
Wylie/TX
Test this morning
TA going red as soon as I drop in R-0008
PH is very yellow
I’m worried the PB isn’t wasting chems knowing he will have to drain to replace tiles.

Txjole

Bronze Supporter
Aug 22, 2018
Wylie/TX
I been hunting the forum, what I gather is I need to add 12-13 lbs of baking soda to get my TA up. Then work on PH with Borax. I have read everything I can and I feel so lost and upset with my PB.

HeyEng

Silver Supporter
Nov 7, 2018
Oklahoma City, OK
Contract signed ahead of the Pentair price increase due to new tariff. Enough PB would have to adjust my current quote to reflect. Colors are picked (too much gray for me, but happy wife). Dig date open until PB gets a grip on all his rain problems.
I am glad *you* mentioned the gray color and not me. :) I get it that gray is VERY popular now, but as much as I LOVE my wife, I would have had to veto anything that gray that will be that permanent. Of course, if you really LIKE that color (and not that it's what is popular this year) then it's all good! BUT...I would take the gray over the "Garth Brooks" tile, though. ;)

Nonetheless, it looks like it's going to be fantastic when it's done!

Txjole

Bronze Supporter
Aug 22, 2018
Wylie/TX
I am glad *you* mentioned the gray color and not me. :) I get it that gray is VERY popular now, but as much as I LOVE my wife, I would have had to veto anything that gray that will be that permanent. Of course, if you really LIKE that color (and not that it's what is popular this year) then it's all good! BUT...I would take the gray over the "Garth Brooks" tile, though. ;)

Nonetheless, it looks like it's going to be fantastic when it's done!
She has a master plan of color accents around the pool. She generally pulls her designs off, but you have to see it complete, not in stages.

HeyEng

Silver Supporter
Nov 7, 2018
Oklahoma City, OK
She has a master plan of color accents around the pool. She generally pulls her designs off, but you have to see it complete, not in stages.
Ah, makes sense. My wife is the same...she will show me something and at first I gag, but then...well, it's pretty awesome.

Txjole

Bronze Supporter
Aug 22, 2018
Wylie/TX
My PB told me he does an acid bath plaster cure. (Lazy cure to benefit the PB IMO). If I dose it with baking soda and do it the TF way I’m sure I’ll gain years but lose if I have a problem tomorrow. NPT reccomends the high acid start up.

Txjole

Bronze Supporter
Aug 22, 2018
Wylie/TX
Saga continues. I'm on day 15 since the pool fill and wrong tile was installed. Tile company picked up the correct tile 2/1/19, PB was suppose to get me a drain and install day Monday and I have not heard from him. (i'm not going to push him to send the wrong guy just to get a pushy customer off his back.) Good part is water chems seem to be good for start up. I do not have automation installed yet? I asked and he said they do that day before pool school, does this sound normal? (I still have a chunk of his money)

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
WOWZER!!! That patio is one of the best I have seen! I LOVE how it wraps around the corner of the house! Then the steps following the outline! Man that is pretty and so well thought out!!!

Kim:kim:

Txjole

Bronze Supporter
Aug 22, 2018
Wylie/TX
Thank you. The patio cover was designed long before the pool. My friend designs, drafts and builds around 3-4 a week, he’s 6-8 weeks booked. Stain and gutters hopefully this week. It’s nice to be sitting up over the pool too.