New build in Wylie TX

Txjole

Bronze Supporter
Aug 22, 2018
Wylie/TX
Wife and I are about to sign the papers to start. I have twin 5 year old boys (1 special needs). 6 builders got to bid on this (researched and dug deep into prior builds). Let me just say the Dallas/Fort Worth area has over 300 active pool builders. (I have a wholesale account with PoolCorp and my rep was very candid with me). Builder we choose just finished a pool for the inlaws 2 years ago and was great, plus was the best bang for the buck (I will name him after completion).

Pool Type: Freeform/ Play Pool
Pool Size: 31’x 22’
Pool Area: 393 Sq. Ft.
Pool Perimeter: 85 Ft.
Pool/Spa Perimeter: N/A
Pool Depth: 3.5’ x 5.5’
Pool Capacity: 12,941 Gallons
Spa Size: N/A
Spa Area: N/A
Spa Perimeter: N/A
Spa Height: N/A
Water Features: (3) 12” Stone Scuppers in Raised Bond Beam per plan
Other: Custom Tanning Ledges 9" of water with Dual Bubblers
Custom Table and Benches per plan

Steel
Install steel reinforcing in beam using #4 (½”bars.)
Install 3/8” rebar deck dowels as required.
Install steel base mesh 8 inch on centers with #3 bars.

Plumbing
All pool piping is schedule 40 pvc.
Plumb (2) skimmers on independent 2” line with valve.
Plumb main drain on independent 2” line with valve.
Plumb returns to insure no dead spots in pool.
Pool run to equipment…. 50.5 ft.
Spa run to equipment…. 0 ft.
Plumb for pool cleaner.
Install all specified equipment.
Install backwash line/ P-trap 45’ if needed per WYLIE code.
Install auto refill line, if accessible.
Install overflow.

Equipment
Pump: Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed Pump
Filter: Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 420 Cartridge
Operating System: Pentair Easy Touch Screenlogic (iPhone) Remote Control
Pool Light: (1) 500 watt Pool Light
Pool Cleaner: Dolphin: M400 Robot Cleaner
Sanitizer: Pentair Intellichlor Salt Cell
Heater: N/A
Spa Light: N/A
Spa Blower: N/A
Cleaning Kit: Telescopic pole, Brush attachment, Leaf strainer, Test kit.
Water Feature Pump: N/A
Electrical/ Gas
Install light niches per plan.
Wire all equipment and install g.f.c.i.
Wire control system and lights.
Provide electrical bonding of pool when required.
Provide all freeze protection on all pumps.
Gas line from meter to heater up to 0’.

Gunite
Pneumatically applied Gunite per code.
Gunite all beams 12” thick to natural grade.
All pool walls and floor to be 8” thick

Materials
Tile: Standard 6” Waterline Tile
Coping: Quartzite – Color TBD
Decking: 501 Sq. Ft. Stamped Concrete – Color & Pattern TBD
**Deck drainage as necessary
Plaster: Stonescapes ‘Mini-Pebble’ – Color TBD

Included Options:
(2) 6” Raised Bond Beam @ 3.5’ each per plan with Chopped Lueder Veneer on front and sides and Quartzite Cap with slurry coat on back
12” Raised Bond Beam @ 6.5’ per plan with Chopped Lueder Veneer on front and sides and Quartzite Cap with slurry coat on back
24” Out of Ground Form for Pool @ 37.5’ per plan with slurry coat
6” Step @ 23’ per plan with Stamped Concrete – Color & Pattern TBD
(2) 9’ Retaining Walls per plan with Stamped Concrete – Color & Pattern TBD
All necessary Deck Turndowns
3 umbrella sleeves on decking (2 tanning ledge, 1 table)
Custom Lueder Table Top in Pool
Sprinkler System Repair and Reroute
Pool Equipment Startup
Pool School Instructional
All City / County Required Inspections
Construction Site Cleanup
Trim Tile in Pool
**Includes Tanning Ledge, All Steps, and All Benches
**Includes Standard Tile

Kiddie Fence Around Pool
**54.5 Linear Feet
**Includes 1 gate

- - - Updated - - -

Not a fan of the draws, but none of the 6 where willing to give me 5% after punchlist.

Due at start of excavation……… …….. 35%
Due at start of gunite installation……… 30%
Due when the deck is formed…………. 30%
Due when pool is plastered……………. 5%

Jole,

Some minor stuff you will want to follow up on..

You have a line for Backwash Line... Cartridge filters do not have a backwash line..

Make sure your salt cell is an IC40 and NOT an IC20... Cells are rated when running 24/7 at 100% output. We always recommend a cell that is at least 2 x the pool volume.

Make sure you get a real EasyTouch with built-in salt power supply and not one of the cheap "Lite" versions..

You will love your IntelliFlo pump as well as the ScreenLogic control system.

I would be worried that the robot cleaner will get wrapped around the table???

Are you in the "Pool Industry"? If not, why would you have a wholesale account with PoolCorp? What was your rep "candid" about??

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

You have a line for Backwash Line... Cartridge filters do not have a backwash line.. City requires it even if cartridge, It will be a dead line.
I would be worried that the robot cleaner will get wrapped around the table??? It is not a free standing table, but a bench with a raised section just above waterline.
Are you in the "Pool Industry"? If not, why would you have a wholesale account with PoolCorp? What was your rep "candid" about?? I run a commercial plumbing supply house (use SCP some). Rep talked to me about the number of contractors he has active in DFW

And I will check on the equipment questions. Thanks

Wife was a trooper and had the tile picked out in 15 minutes.
Waterline and plaster
tile.jpg
Ledge/step edge
tile 2.jpg
Gray gum Quartzite
light gray stamped concrete flatwork.

- - - Updated - - -

Jole,

Thanks for the feedback... We have a special tag for those members in the pool industry and I just wanted to make sure, one way or the other..

Jim R.

Not a problem, i'm not buying anything myself (maybe the robot). I rather the builder make his margin and be happy.

I saw one 500 watt pool light. I would double check to make sure this isn't just a standard incandescent light it would probably be best to put in something energy-efficient that'll last much longer like an LED light or two.

I saw one 500 watt pool light. I would double check to make sure this isn't just a standard incandescent light it would probably be best to put in something energy-efficient that'll last much longer like an LED light or two.

You are correct, I changed it from an LED. The price vs the amount of time the light is actually being used (judging by my inlaws pool).

You are correct, I changed it from an LED. The price vs the amount of time the light is actually being used (judging by my inlaws pool).

Sounds good, so long as it was intentional. One thing to consider is having the pool lit even when not swimming. Depending on your backyard setup it might be nice to have it lit for a set time each night for ambiance. Can always be changed.

Yes IC40 and not "Lite" version.

You have a line for Backwash Line... Cartridge filters do not have a backwash line.. City requires it even if cartridge, It will be a dead line.
I would be worried that the robot cleaner will get wrapped around the table??? It is not a free standing table, but a bench with a raised section just above waterline.
Are you in the "Pool Industry"? If not, why would you have a wholesale account with PoolCorp? What was your rep "candid" about?? I run a commercial plumbing supply house (use SCP some). Rep talked to me about the number of contractors he has active in DFW

And I will check on the equipment questions. Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I REALLY like your design! Looks like a lot of thought went into it! Your wife did a great job with her finish picks!

When do you think the dig will start?

Kim:kim:

Thank you, there is a reason for every bend and rise. We are shooting for beginning to mid Nov. PB has his hands full with 9”s of surprise rainfall in the past 3 days. He told me 3 days cost him 4 weeks. I’m in no hurry, this guy is pretty steady with his 4-6 week build times.

Your poor PB...........I am betting he and his crews have some cave ins to dig out :( from the rain. Thankfully he is letting you know what was going on so you are not just sitting there wondering where they are.

Contract signed ahead of the Pentair price increase due to new tariff. Enough PB would have to adjust my current quote to reflect. Colors are picked (too much gray for me, but happy wife). Dig date open until PB gets a grip on all his rain problems.

Color and pattern of decking.

- - - Updated - - -

French gray stonescape plaster. Waterline tile and glass toe tile up it the thread. Coping is Silvermist flagstone.

Attachments

• 46CE482B-5A0A-48A7-87C7-DD1D259E4084.jpeg
    46CE482B-5A0A-48A7-87C7-DD1D259E4084.jpeg
    39.3 KB · Views: 229
  • AD1CF8FC-AF1C-4B6A-91B5-C16C901EA933.jpg
    AD1CF8FC-AF1C-4B6A-91B5-C16C901EA933.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 226

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.