New Build in The Woodlands TX - Update: Landscaping!

We ran into several delays with permits and getting a variance. After that ordeal, we learned our property survey (which the PB based the plan on) was wrong. The pool was supposed to be complete around the 4th of July, but we haven't even broke ground yet. If we get an amended permit soon, we should be able to excavate on Wednesday. It's been frustrating to say the least.

Beautiful pool design and layout. Couple of points.
Why no main drain?
Will your water feature be serviced by its own pump? Assume you have intake along the walls of your pool for that?
Will you use an autofill for the pool? I need to add water every week in my pool during the summer.
Do you have an overflow drain? Heavy rains are not uncommon and I have had to run out in it to set pool to waste position.
Will you backwash (and drain) to your sewer drain or to the street? Seems each community has different requirements for this.
Definitely have an electrical outlet in close proximity for robot or other needs.
I did a remodel with Primera Stone pebble by Wet Edge Technologies. They have a couple of authorized installers in Houston area. We are very pleased with it as it was polished with a smooth finish.
Good Luck.

We ran into several delays with permits and getting a variance. After that ordeal, we learned our property survey (which the PB based the plan on) was wrong. The pool was supposed to be complete around the 4th of July, but we haven't even broke ground yet. If we get an amended permit soon, we should be able to excavate on Wednesday. It's been frustrating to say the least.
Sorry to hear that!

We are still waiting on an HOA approval to be able to get started. I definitely can appreciate your frustration with the bureaucracy!

Have you spoken to others in the Woodlands/HOUSTON area about the heat pump for chilling water here? I spoke to a few before I bought my Glacier Chiller and they weren’t very happy with the HP. My buddy’s pool water is 96 deg today. He gets half sun. I’d be sure if your objective is too cool the water that this will do the job.

I‘m in Houston and have a heat pump / chiller. The HP did fine for heating but it’s a pretty poor chiller, using a lot of electricity in the process. It works okay for my purposes because I’m only trying to drop the pool a few degrees to keep it at 90 or less in the afternoon. My pool gets full sun until 5 pm.

However, I’m going to consider a Glacier chiller next season, depending on how the HP does this summer. My new pool has only been running for a few months now.

Permits finally came in! Layout inspection should be done today.

Here are a couple "before" pictures of the back yard. With the delays getting the permit, I had time to sand and stain the fence. A lot of the grass died since the sprinklers have been cut and capped weeks ago.

IMG_20200729_140152.jpg
IMG_20200729_140318.jpg

Reactions: RU4Cycling2

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Let the mud begin!! If they say they are done go out there with the plans and a tape measure. Is it long, wide, deep, etc enough? Add about 8" for the steel, shell, and plaster.

Dimensions are good. They put the pavilion in the wrong spot though, and have to shift it about a foot away from the pine tree. They'll be coming to adjust the trenches and forms appropriately. Should have steel on Monday.

Thank goodness for tape measures! Now if they had used it LOL

The schematic they were working off could have been a bit clearer, so I can't fault the guys that put the forms up and dug the trenches. Owner supervision is key.

My laser distance measure has been an extremely useful tool throughout all this.

2.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.