New Build in New Braunfels, TX. Construction began 9/27/19.

Concrete was scheduled for 8 am tomorrow, but there's a 90% chance of rain, so putting it off. Weather delays are a pain, but I'll take them over errors any day! We've said all along that we'd be jumping in regardless of how cold it is, but this colder weather (don't judge, we live in South Texas for a reason) is making me re-think that!

That test kit is going to be your best friend! It’s gonna help you get your chemistry dialed in. The holes in the gunite are to keep your shell from floating in the event of heavy rains. Like Kim said, they’ll be filled in at plaster. Lookin*good!

Reactions: shonda_gonzalez
We had some concerns about the way the concrete decking was formed and you guys brought up a few things, so we stopped work and sent our builder a list of questions and requested an in-writing reply.
There will be a deck drain between the house and the new decking, so it makes sense now as to why they didn't dowel into the existing patio. We are satisfied with his responses to our questions and gave them a layout of how we'd like the concrete decking controls joints to look. I'm hopeful we'll have decking soon. I dreamt of it all night last night.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Communication from our PB is just horrible. Got a call that our dogs were in the backyard and I needed to go home to put them in the house because a crew was working today. Rushed home to find concrete trucks lined up, so guess we're pouring today! I was so rushed to get back to the office that I didn't take pics. Hopefully I'll have some good "after" pics this evening. No idea when they'll plaster. It's been two weeks since gunnite (16 days). The weather's been fun, too.
1572885782427.png

Beautiful job of finishing the concrete. Not sure if this is too late but here is our Merlin Smartmesh cover in tan. We like the tan color. I'm little surprised you are going with a winter safety cover for your location. Most folks it seems just leave their pools operating and uncovered in that area.

Pool Build - Baltimore

Beautiful job of finishing the concrete. Not sure if this is too late but here is our Merlin Smartmesh cover in tan. We like the tan color. I'm little surprised you are going with a winter safety cover for your location. Most folks it seems just leave their pools operating and uncovered in that area.

Pool Build - Baltimore
Thanks! There're some blemishes, but over all, I was very pleased. We have two dogs, one of them is almost 17 years old. He loves the water and forgets he's not a pup. I worry he wouldn't be able to get out of the pool. We also have two granddaughters and our home is right next to the neighborhood park, so we're just being super cautious.

Last edited:
Reactions: bmoreswim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.