New Build in New Braunfels, TX. Construction began 9/27/19.

Rattus Suffocatus

Silver Supporter
Jun 5, 2019
Corona de Tucson, AZ
Looking very good there, honestly...

Our English Springer Spaniel has decided the she can walk on the solar cover... and no the dog isn't related to our lord and savior, so she's "fallen" (walked) in about five times. Luckily so far either the Australian Shepard (older but still a) puppy has been there to help drag her out, the 11 year old Yellow Labrador who will bark at us and give us a look like "look what the dummy has done again!" and we help her out.. or we have noticed on our own and pull her out.

I'm about to think we might need to put a barrier up, but I don't want to. So yeah.. watch your dogs for a while, a couple of months at least... "Dummy" can swim well, but it's difficult for her to get out of the pool by pulling herself out at the deep end.... The Labrador should be an excellent swimmer but she has NO interest. I guess you can't teach old dogs new tricks... The Australian Shepherd thought the solar cover was yummy when I had workers over to do some fixes on our house, and that is how I learned you use a small heat gun to patch the LDPE Solar covers together. I used a surface mount solder rework heat gun, but now I remember the correct name for the "home hobby" version......an *embossing gun*.... but you can weld those covers together all day long with that...doesn't even look ugly if you are patient....

But the dogs and the pool so far has definitely been a part of the overall entertainment of the project at my household...

And subs come when they want in 2019. There is no scheduling anything anymore... trust me, I used up most of my vacation time this year with this issue, and the year isn't done yet...

shonda_gonzalez

Bronze Supporter
Sep 25, 2019
New Braunfels, Texas
Update: Pool build is basically on hold until we can get some higher temps to plaster. So, thought I'd share some other progess so my thread doesn't die.

Pending HOA approval, gutters are going in next. I really wanted a rain chain and barrel for the back yard, but maybe later.

Attachments

shonda_gonzalez

Bronze Supporter
Sep 25, 2019
New Braunfels, Texas
HELP!
Now that our patio is expanded, I want to tackle UGLINESS of the small existing patio. In hind sight, we should have torn it out and had it redone with everything else, but we were (and still are) trying to keep this project under budget. It's brushed concrete and has some holes and is overall just ugly. Any recommendations to update it? Paint/stain are my first thoughts. Here are a couple of pics to show what it looks like currently. We have a small pressure washer for prep. Thoughts?
20190927_092054.jpg

32062.jpg

JJ_Tex

Bronze Supporter
Jul 17, 2019
Prosper, TX (DFW)
Do you have enough room to do a tile or travertine topper? We had a brushed concrete patio pad and they put travertine on top to make it uniform with the pool decking.

The main thing to look at is if the topper would cover up any weep holes and if you back door(s) have enough clearance under them.

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Me? I would get a good brush, some bleach, and your power washer.................Spray bleach on it and brush it in and on GOOD! Let it sit for a few mins then power wash it off. See what that does to it.

Now if you want to BLING it up think about getting some move of your waterline tile and putting them on the side then some pretty tile on the top (making sure they are not slippery though).