New Build in New Braunfels, TX. Construction began 9/27/19.

That is some rocky dirt right there. I bet it is hard to dig with a shovel or post hole digger!!!

When do they think they will be done? When they call it done run out there with the plans and a tape measure in hand. Add about 8" for the shell, steel, plaster. Is is wide, deep, long, etc. enough?

That is some rocky dirt right there. I bet it is hard to dig with a shovel or post hole digger!!!

When do they think they will be done? When they call it done run out there with the plans and a tape measure in hand. Add about 8" for the shell, steel, plaster. Is is wide, deep, long, etc. enough?
I'm hopeful the excavator will be gone when I get home tonight. They had made some decent progress framing everything out when I stopped by at lunch. Thank you for the tip!

I'm hopeful the excavator will be gone when I get home tonight. They had made some decent progress framing everything out when I stopped by at lunch. Thank you for the tip!
Don't forget to check the elevation as well. If you will be tying into any decks you want to make sure the elevation is correct. The top of the form board should be the top of the beam. So you just need to figure in for whatever coping you'll use that will sit on top of the beam.

Reactions: shonda_gonzalez
If you return that unnecessary O3 device and the puck holder you could use the money much more effectively by putting in a Stenner style chlorine tank and line. This is a pump system that injects liquid chlorine into the pool plumbing directly. A great alternative if one isn't going to get a SWG.
Since the O3 and puck holder thing probably total $500 you might actually come out ahead and keep a bit of that $500!

Maddie :flower:

Hope your prevailing wind blows toward those skimmers. I'm not sure how effective having two skimmers, basically, next to each other is going to be.
As you can see in this pic, we have a skimmer near the sun ledge
as well as one at the other end of the pool (ignore the doberman, he abhors water).
The PB got it wrong. I had asked for two skimmers (one on each end) based on advice from a PB friend a little further north to us. We just opted to go with one instead of the two right near each other after they installed them. I'm hoping I don't regret giving up on this.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Inspections are done, but we put a hold on the work until we can get an electrical contractor out to install a subpanel and run conduit through our attic rather than around the pool by the PB. We don't have plans yet for anything, just dreams of an outdoor kitchen or covered area in the future.

It's only been two weeks since we started, but it feels like forever!

Why have the run go that way instead of the other?
Just a cleaner look, I guess? My husband isn't fond of having EMT run all the way around the pool, which is how the PB planned to install. The panel is on the opposite side of the house as the pool equipment. I do procurement for a construction company that has an electrical division, so I can get material for a reasonable price and my husband is also in construction and is using one of his subs to do the labor.

Similar thing happened to us. We were supposed to have a 3.5' shallow end and a 6' deep end. We ended up with a 4' 4" shallow and 7' deep end. We didn't have an issue with it. We don't have any small children in the family any longer. maybe in the distant future..

It is NOT too late to fix. After the shell is shot it is almost too late.

What they will have to do is remove the steel, dig and shape some more then add the steel . Do NOT let them off on it. They are going to try to get out of doing the work. Do NOT allow them to talk you into taking some off the price of the pool. You will NOT be happy with that size of shelf or the depth. You will not be able to do a good crawl stroke without scraping your knuckles on the floor of the pool. With @johnpkaiser they went bigger instead of smaller so it was all good.

PB owner and super both came out Monday to do measurements. They've marked exactly where the ledge should be at 6' and can form that with gunnite. The depth measures at 3'8", and I can live with that. Looks like it will require 3 steps instead of 2, so it's pretty sloped down to 6' with what space is left of the pool. I was happy to see the super with the owner so everyone is on the same page. Gunnite is scheduled for Thursday, but it started raining yesterday and it's still raining now. I don't know how that will affect everything, but I anticipate a delay.

Question: where do you have your pool light switch? Near the pool equipment?

Last edited:
Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.