New build in nc. Halfway point!!!

What confuses me is that I pic u posted port on left is low and port on right is high. Judging by water level in pool I think maybe lower drain may be equal to top of water but not right drain. Either way the waterfall running will constantly raise ur PH I would do irrigation box w a T in there and add a regular return

10 4. I am heading home tomorrow and will be meeting with my builder. Adding a return is #1 on my agenda

- - - Updated - - -

Hire him to punch another hole & bulkhead into & run a return pipe to it. 2 equalizers & a throttled return will out you in easy street.

Thats exactly where Im trying to get. Making this as easy as possible. Thanks man

Got in yesterday, no sign of builder. He hasnt been here all week. Heavy rain Monday and Tuesday but clear ever since. In our conversation Wednesday he said the electrician was coming to wire 1 light in the ledge and he promised he would turn our pump on and get us up and running by the end of the week. I guess that could technically mean today, so thats what we're hoping. Is it normal to fill a pool and leave it sitting, not turned on, for over a week? They filled it last Thursday. It looks pretty nasty out there. Full of bugs and mud from the rain and backfill. Even though I cleaned the ledge out last week, rain washed a couple of inches of muddy water into it that is just standing. Im new to this game. Just wondering if this is normal procedure?

The longest it should have sat was 3 days.........any longer and the risk for an algae outbreak goes up every day :( Time do do some pushing to get things going.

Is the equipment set up and ready to power up?

Kim:kim:

The longest it should have sat was 3 days.........any longer and the risk for an algae outbreak goes up every day :( Time do do some pushing to get things going.

Is the equipment set up and ready to power up?

Yep. Everything set up, ready to go. On Wednesday he said he would come show us how to work everything by the end of the week. Told him my wife would be here Thursday and I'd be home Friday. Not a word since. Got my call in. Waiting for call back

IF he does not show up today we can talk you through turning things on..........we have to get some chlorine in that pool!

Do you have a test kit yet? If so please run out and and pull some water and test it. (don't bother with the CYA test).

IF he does not show up today we can talk you through turning things on..........we have to get some chlorine in that pool!

Do you have a test kit yet? If so please run out and and pull some water and test it. (don't bother with the CYA test).

I Dont have one yet. My wife just told me about a conversation she had with him while I was gone where he told her the electrician still had some finishing touches to put on the pump. She took that to mean it wasnt ready. In the same conversation he told her to enjoy the water until it turned green. I was just told about this conversation. Communication is spotty when I travel alot. Sorry for the misleading info. I'll pick up a kit soon

"Enjoy it until it turns green"???? How sad for him to say that :(

Look in my siggy for the best bang for your buck test kit. It has more of the regents you will use daily. You should get it fast as it is in your state! Go ahead and order it today.

Okay so here we are...............You need to get chlorine in your pool to keep it from going green. I have a couple of ideas. Have you found your source for liquid chlorine yet? Some pool stores sell it in yellow, refillable jugs. Most of the time it is 11% strength. The next best thing is Walmart "Pool Shock" IF you can find it now. It comes in at 10%. After that is plain bleach. NO pretty smells, splashless, or colormax (we are still not sure what that does in a pool). It comes in at 6%. Make sure it is a current date code as bleach degrades over time and if stored in the sun and allowed to get hot.

To add the chlorine you can walk around your pool with a straw broom or boat paddle to get the water moving good. Then walk around and pour the chlorine in followed by a good brushing of the pool to make sure the water and chlorine are mixed up good.

Have you found the Pool Math app yet? Here is a link: Pool Math It will do all of the math for you!

If you want to get the baby test kit Walmart sells that tests pH and FC. It might be better than nothing for the next couple of days until your good test kit comes in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.