New build in MA

Newbie71

Bronze Supporter
Jun 20, 2016
Easton, MA
New build in MA. Concrete with vinyl liner.

Attachments

• IMG_7276.jpg
    IMG_7276.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_7277.jpg
    IMG_7277.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_7278.jpg
    IMG_7278.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_7279.jpg
    IMG_7279.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_7280.jpg
    IMG_7280.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_7281.jpg
    IMG_7281.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_7282.jpg
    IMG_7282.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_7283.jpg
    IMG_7283.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_7284.jpg
    IMG_7284.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_7285.jpg
    IMG_7285.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 219
Welcome to TFP! :wave: You're certainly a quiet one, but your pictures make up for it! Gorgeous setting for your pool. It's all beautiful - amazing transformation! I love how all your choices fit perfectly with the surroundings!

Please, please create a signature with your pool details including dimensions, equipment, materials, colors, etc. It's all so pretty - it's going to get a lot of attention, and people will want to know the details to help with their pool build decisions!!

Thanks so much for sharing!!!

Thanks, Suz. I'll have to take a look at my specs and put together a signature -- we deferred to the builder's recommendations in most places. We started in August 2016 and just wrapped up last week with the stone face on the exposed sides. We love how it came out.

- - - Updated - - -

Landscaping is up next once I hit on some lottery tickets. ;) This was much more expensive than I expected.

Your pictures are like HEAVEN to me. Perfect backdrop, perfect material choices, perfect shape to fit the backyard, huge pool, great touches. OH MY GOODNESS, I cannot deal! I might be biased because I grew up so close to you (East Bridgewater), but probably not! I need some nighttime shots with those color LEDs please!!!!! :bowdown:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
@TwinMama15 -- thanks for the kind words. I just saw yours and it looks absolutely beautiful. Much more customized than mine and great details. You must be psyched with how it came out.

@moreira85 -- Thank you! And hello to you as well. Seems like there's more than a few of us from MA on here.

Signature looks great!!! Thanks! But you left out the most important part (to a lot of vinyl pool shoppers). What's the name and make of your liner? It's a beauty!!! Add that to your signature or you may have to answer the question over and over and over.....

Very nice build, one of the nicest vinyl pools I've seen and haven't seen many with a spa. Also as others mentioned you've got a nice setting for the pool. I've been waiting to post up my build but keep putting it off until it's completed but it seems like it's never going to end, in the landscaping phase currently.

Salty

Thanks, Uncle Salty. We have a local longstanding reputable builder who really pushes this "Permacrete" method of doing the vinyl, even though he does gunite as well. I don't know if he pushes the vinyl for his own good, but he sold me on it and so far so good. I think if we did gunite, I couldn't afford something like this and we would've had to go with something more plain, maybe drop the spa. For some reason I chose not to hear when people said the actual pool cost is just half the total costs. For me, that was very true. We're plugging away at landscaping as well. Using a landscape company for the heavy work, and I'm doing the labor-intensive stuff myself.

Thanks, Uncle Salty. We have a local longstanding reputable builder who really pushes this "Permacrete" method of doing the vinyl, even though he does gunite as well. I don't know if he pushes the vinyl for his own good, but he sold me on it and so far so good. I think if we did gunite, I couldn't afford something like this and we would've had to go with something more plain, maybe drop the spa. For some reason I chose not to hear when people said the actual pool cost is just half the total costs. For me, that was very true. We're plugging away at landscaping as well. Using a landscape company for the heavy work, and I'm doing the labor-intensive stuff myself.

we wanted to go with Gunite but we're in kind of a rural area so not many options nearby, actually we had a tough time finding an acceptable vinyl builder but we ended up doing pretty well. We're also doing the landscaping ourselves and as the days go by the temperatures go up and we're hitting 90s now and it makes it difficult to work in the heat but at least having the pool done we can cool off during the work. Looking forward to seeing your landscaping choices.

Salty

ya deff the nicest vinyl pool i have seen. we have 1 builder in our area now that does the wrapped steps along with coping and even tile i guess. don't know how he pulls that off. looks awesome. you would never ever tell from the pics that it wasn't concrete. awesome job!

Newb- looks great! If pool store testing was just a matter of someone else doing it right versus you doing it right, then you'd be all set. Problem is pool store testing is not consistent and often inaccurate. I HIGHLY encourage to order a recommended test kit today and start testing yourself right away. I can honestly say you have no idea how easy it is!

Seems counterintuitive that pool stores are not experts at testing, but it's true. They are experts at selling overpriced chemicals and not consistent at testing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.