New Build Estimates - Price Check

Oct 22, 2015
tampa
Hey Guys & Gals,

I want to make sure this bid is in the ball park. I know there are a lot of variables..

15x30 Pool with 6x6 spa w/ overflow into pool (approx 450 sq ft)
Pebble Brilliance - Vivid shores
3 Led lights (2 in pool, 1 in spa)
400k btu gas heater (located 5' from gas meter)
Pentair Salt system
Easytouch Pentair automation system, pump and system 20' from panel, no electrical upgrades required, I have two 200 amp panels with plenty of space)
Attached Screen enclosure with super screen and panoramic back side (55'x30') (located in tampa fl, hurricane footers)
1100 sq ft of brick pavers - 12 sq ft
Glass tile for water line tile - 16 sq ft
Cartridge filter
Auto fill/over flow

$131k

Let me know what you think

1713274451282.png

1713274466958.png

I am not sure what this season's pricing will end up being, but off the cuff I would say that sounds pretty good. Did you get multiple bids?

We got multiple bids for an initial pool design that was a very basic scaled back design that was about 65k. We increased the size of the pool, spa, paver deck, top end pool finish, and the screen size. The other bids for the basic pool were close to 90-100k. I couldn't imagine what they would charge for this pool design.

We got multiple bids for an initial pool design that was a very basic scaled back design that was about 65k. We increased the size of the pool, spa, paver deck, top end pool finish, and the screen size. The other bids for the basic pool were close to 90-100k. I couldn't imagine what they would charge for this pool design.

8 years ago my base price was $64k and when we were done it was around $80k. I know those cages are a lot. Bottom line it is what it is. If you got multiple bids, pick the best for your parameters and run with it.

Since I am into a new 15x30 Pebble Sheen pool build, no spa, with a SWG, heat pump heater, VS pump, intelli-center, bluestone coping, Microglass, 3 Jandi cool niche led's, and 3 water jets, with no enclosure or hardscaping for +/-95k your price sounds in-line. Add in the fence I am required to install, hardscaping and sod restoration and I get close. I'm in the mid Atlantic.

The very basic pool package started at around $60k.

What is the CFM of your gas meter?

What model pump?

What model filter?

What model pool lights?

How many skimmers?

How many returns?

Get the IntelliCenter...

Pentair announced the following in April 2023:

Pentair is discontinuing the IntelliTouch, EasyTouch, and EasyTouch PL4/PSL4 Pool Control Systems.These products will no longer be available to order starting:
  • July 31, 2023 for all IntelliTouch Systems
  • September 29, 2023 for all EasyTouch Systems
We recognize these products have been in high demand for many years. However, given advancements in Pentair innovation and evolving industry demands, we are transitioning focus to the latest technology standards included with the IntelliCenter Pool Control System.

Here is the current recommended glass tile installation process from Oceanside Glass & Tile...

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...l-Water-Feature-Installation.pdf?v=1625588595

View attachment 555220
1626430671428-png.355575
full
full

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
See answers below in bold:

What is the CFM of your gas meter? - Not sure, but it can be easily increased. I'm putting in a 26kw generator currently. 400k BTU heater will tap off the meter. I had a similar setup on my previous home to this one, no issues with gas flow.

What model pump? Pentair Intelliflo

What model filter? Pentair Clean and Clear CCRP 150 filter

What model pool lights? 2 Pentair Microbrite LED multicolor in pool and 1 in Spa

How many skimmers? 2 skimmers I believe, I'll confirm. With a screened in pool, we'll have minimal debris. We had 4 skimmers on our previous pool due to an overhanging tree and no screen.

How many returns? Not sure, I'll check

Get the IntelliCenter... Yes, I see that is the only option.

Pentair announced the following in April 2023:

Pentair is discontinuing the IntelliTouch, EasyTouch, and EasyTouch PL4/PSL4 Pool Control Systems.These products will no longer be available to order starting:
  • July 31, 2023 for all IntelliTouch Systems
  • September 29, 2023 for all EasyTouch Systems
We recognize these products have been in high demand for many years. However, given advancements in Pentair innovation and evolving industry demands, we are transitioning focus to the latest technology standards included with the IntelliCenter Pool Control System.

We recommend a filter larger than the CCP150 cartridge filter. Florida is the land of the dinky filter. Even with a screened in pool.

You should not need to clean your cartridge filter more then once or twice a year.

How any gallons in the pool?

What will be the design on the overflow system? Where will it be placed? At what level?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support