New build (day three pool startup) cloudy, bubbles

The umbrella sleeve will sit flush with the plaster, so the plaster thickness will have a direct impact on its depth.
Steel engineering plans differ depending on who is supplying them, here is the info on one of mine.IMG_4041.jpgIMG_4039.jpg
I provided a picture of a typical surface crack in Gunite.

IMG_8883.jpeg
I’m getting more and more efflorescence appearing as well. I read up on it here, some cut it out others left it. Any feedback or concerns?

Attachments

• IMG_8882.jpeg
    IMG_8882.jpeg
    812.7 KB · Views: 4
The efflorescence is common and if it were to be removed what ever it is replaced with will not be as strong as the original shot in place Gunite.
Thank you, has anyone had it bleed through the plaster? That’s obviously will be my concern.

We are going to have the step redone because it wasn’t how we wanted it, I am not sure their process, but what’s the best approach since it’s not structural?

No I haven’t seen it bleed through the plaster before, one reason you see it now is due to there being no pressure from inside the shell pushing outwards.

The step in the deep end or the reef step and how much is being replaced?
The step exiting the pool, it was supposed to be curved and not straight, not sure how they plan on doing it yet.

Attachments

• IMG_8887.jpeg
    IMG_8887.jpeg
    322.2 KB · Views: 14

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
OH YEAH! SO close to being done!!!

Now here are your jobs for the next step. Grab your hoses and put socks or something over the metal part of the hose. When they go to add water make sure the end of the hose is right in the lowest part of the pool. This keeps the flow of water from causing a channel in that pretty, new plaster!

Also take a pic of your water gauge right when the water starts going in. Try to limit the amount of household water you use so you can get a pretty good measure of how many gallons your pool holds.

I just went to check on it, and noticed the step had a water spot still, will this stain it? Also the deep end has a spot, will the wash fix it?

Attachments

• IMG_9293.png
    IMG_9293.png
    876.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9294.jpeg
    IMG_9294.jpeg
    705.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9292.jpeg
    IMG_9292.jpeg
    744.3 KB · Views: 14
any idea where the water came from? I would use a cloth towel to sop it up walking in it with sock feet. The acid wash will help take the "stain" away but lets be extra careful and not allow it to start in the first place.
It must of came from the plaster crew when they cleaned up the concrete, water must of got on the step. The water is on the step so I can reach over and sop it up.

Edit: I just got the excess water off the step, the other one is the deep end which is dried

Last edited:
Reactions: kimkats
OH YEAH! SO close to being done!!!

Now here are your jobs for the next step. Grab your hoses and put socks or something over the metal part of the hose. When they go to add water make sure the end of the hose is right in the lowest part of the pool. This keeps the flow of water from causing a channel in that pretty, new plaster!

Also take a pic of your water gauge right when the water starts going in. Try to limit the amount of household water you use so you can get a pretty good measure of how many gallons your pool holds.
Thank you, do I add immediately or need to wait?@onBalance mentioned to wait but not sure if that was spefically non pebble since I’m already waiting or should I wait after acid wash? I was still waiting on Clarification

Reactions: kimkats
Best practice for the hose after wrapped in towel, should it just sit there at the bottom or find a container to have it float?I am looking what I could use at the moment.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.