New build (day three pool startup) cloudy, bubbles

That works great to show what you are thinking.

I would stick with the 2. It looks good and balanced with them. The more of them you have the more you will be fighting higher pH rise over time. The way to raise pH is the aerate the water which is just what things like that do.

I would not put a skimmer on the shelf. My worry is someone will sit in front of it and it cause problems for the system or cause problems to the people (long hair getting sucked in or strings from bathing suit tops).

We had our gunite done last Wednesday, looks like the rebound was used to fill in the shelf but another question is the application part looks extremely wet compared to normal applications I’ve seen.
Is there anything I need to be concerned with ?
On the raised wall I see some rust areas where the water features will go. Looks like exposed rebar is causing it. Also on the shelf for the umbrella sockets, exposed area is allowing the rebar to give off a rusty color in the water.
There’s some hairline cracks some longer than others, when should I be concerned?IMG_8860.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The first picture is where the umbrella sockets will go, there’s exposed rebar at the moment, second is just the floor in general , the last picture is for the water feature exposed rebar as well

One solution is to fill the umbrella sleeve that’s bleeding rust with hydraulic cement and drill a new sleeve Just to the side of it or patch that hole to cover the rebar and hope the sleeve fits.

The crack in the picture looks like a surface crack only and are common when the Gunite mix is extra wet, that water evaporates and cracks appear.
IMG_4037.jpg
Rebound is never to be used during the process, it’s not under the proper pressure of application and most importantly it has lost its cement paste so it will not meet the strength requirements during curing.

One solution is to fill the umbrella sleeve that’s bleeding rust with hydraulic cement and drill a new sleeve Just to the side of it or patch that hole to cover the rebar and hope the sleeve fits.

The crack in the picture looks like a surface crack only and are common when the Gunite mix is extra wet, that water evaporates and cracks appear.
View attachment 494731
Rebound is never to be used during the process, it’s not under the proper pressure of application and most importantly it has lost its cement paste so it will not meet the strength requirements during curing.
I assume they are going to put a pvc socket in there and then fill with cement, haven’t discussed yet. Would that be a problem? Also for the water feature with the rebar exposed, would that be an issue?

When should I be concerned with the cracks?

I specifically explained to the guy not to use rebound and he said they don’t get much rebound but use it as backfill..

With all the rebar concerns you need to have those corrected prior to plaster, the rebar is required to be in cased in a minimum of 3” of Gunite, this is stated on your steel engineering plans.
The PVC umbrella sleeve will be installed by the plaster crew and incased with plaster. The sleeve itself is very long and designed to support an umbrella, the most common problem is the loose fitting of the umbrella pole inside the sleeve.IMG_4038.jpg

With all the rebar concerns you need to have those corrected prior to plaster, the rebar is required to be in cased in a minimum of 3” of Gunite, this is stated on your steel engineering plans.
The PVC umbrella sleeve will be installed by the plaster crew and incased with plaster. The sleeve itself is very long and designed to support an umbrella, the most common problem is the loose fitting of the umbrella pole inside the sleeve.View attachment 494749
Interesting, so for the pvc socket to not be exposed it needs to be in between the rebar or 10” thick, is that correct?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.