Palm Bay, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hey y’all, we finally got our heat pump installed after waiting 6 months after the rest of the pool was finished. The PB installed the AquaCal Superquiet Heatwave Heat and Cool on Friday morning. I came home around lunch to check it out. They had left the pool on spa mode, presumable to heat up the hot tub for when we got home. Only problem is, it wasn’t working. I did see some water puddled around what appears to be the condensate drain, so that tells me it was working at some point, probably was working when they left. The fan wasn’t on, it wasn’t producing heat, and The screen said heater was off. Pool water was 72°, temp was set to 100°. I couldn’t stay home long so I left for a few hours and when I came back, still no life to the heater. No more water around the condensate hole. I looked on the app and it has an alert, “Pool Solar Temp Sensor”. Could this be why it’s not working? The PB said they will come back Monday and look at it, but I didn’t know if it was an east fix, or a setting that needs to be clicked on or off. We do not have solar heat. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For the EasyTouch to control a heat pump it needs a temperature sensor or resistor in the Solar Temperature connections. It does not use the temperature sensor, it just needs to see resistance.

You don’t find this in the EasyTouch Installstion manual but you do in Pentair’s UltraTemp HP Installation Manual.

I suspect the installers tested your AquaCal in standalone mode and did not test the EasyTouch control of it.

Thanks ajw for the reply. So it sounds like a simple fix then. There is already a temperature sensor zip tied to one of the pipes, but it’s been there since the beginning. Are you saying it needs another one?

Yes, you need another one.

The ET has connections for three temperature sensors - air & water which you have - and solar which you now need.

Reactions: Andome
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.