Shollyg

Apr 11, 2023
Woodway, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi there! I just got a Aquacal Heatwave heat pump/chiller. I'm in Texas and that cool water is so sweet.

I had to set up the automation and such on my own, and I have it working. All seemed to be going well. Strangely, my pool thermostat shut itself off in the morning today. Pool was running normally and heat pump was turning on/off as dictated by the settings on the Pentair/ScreenLogic until that point. I cut the power to the EasyTouch, turned it back on, and the thermostat came back online without issue. All is working properly again. Why did this happen?

When I set up the automation, I got a system alert that says "Pool Solar Temp Sensor". Despite this, all was working well and normally. I called Pentair to ask if I really need to install this sensor (Aquacal manual also says to install it, even though it's not actually used) because at the time everything was working perfectly. The tech said the sensor alert "might" cause problems down the road, but he had no idea. I'm wondering if the lack of this "dummy sensor" and the presence of this alert is what turned off my pool thermostat. Or if it was maybe a fluke, one time thing.

Thank you for your help!
Sholly

Yes, the Pentair automation systems need the Solar Sensor or a 10K resistor installed when it is controlling a Heat Pump. Don’t ask why. It just is.

Yes, the Pentair automation systems need the Solar Sensor or a 10K resistor installed when it is controlling a Heat Pump. Don’t ask why. It just is.
That’s what I read but I have ScreenLogic set to “heat pump only” and it’s been going strong for 2 days now. But that alert is still there. I did order the sensor but would rather save the cash if not really needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.