New (and first ever) Pool! Dallas, TX

Do NOT turn off the water for any reason!!!! It could form a ring on the plaster if you do!!

I can't wait to see it!!!

Kim:kim:
Thank you! Yes we will keep it going, it’s a slow process for sure but it’s making progress! And we are under instruction to let the PB know when it’s full halfway up the tile so they can do the startup. ?

After 7 hours haha. Still going of course.

Attachments

• 5C2741C1-3275-4339-8B98-BA995CEF590A.jpeg
    5C2741C1-3275-4339-8B98-BA995CEF590A.jpeg
    257.2 KB · Views: 57
Making some progress after twelve hours! Almost full through the shallow end. And we are really starting to like the color!

Attachments

• 14FED4DF-D88D-4778-A799-B8387311C299.jpeg
    14FED4DF-D88D-4778-A799-B8387311C299.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Haha ya seriously I bet it’s going to be a workout!
And me too I hope it stays like this.
I’m going to keep posting updates on filling now and then because I remember before I got my pool I was scouring this website for all kinds of details and it was super helpful!

Here’s my 23 hours later album ? which looks like about 2 ft in the deep end and 6 inches in the shallow end.

Looking great!

If you need/want it to fill faster, try a second hose if possible. Even from your own house will speed it up. Or a neighbors and invite them for a drink.

Reactions: Awp14

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Question:
When I have sod and sprinklers installed, what’s the best way to make sure the least amount of dirt possible gets in the pool? And is it easy to get dirt out of the pool once it’s in there?

During installation dirt will get in the pool. The personnel are not that careful. If that dirt area will be all grass, you will get grass clippings in the pool. A robot will clean them both up.

Be very careful broadcasting fertilizer that close to your pool. Most fertilizer has iron in it. And if it gets in the pool you will end up with brown rust spots. I have them from a neighbor that is not real careful in applying his fertilizer.

During installation dirt will get in the pool. The personnel are not that careful. If that dirt area will be all grass, you will get grass clippings in the pool. A robot will clean them both up.

Be very careful broadcasting fertilizer that close to your pool. Most fertilizer has iron in it. And if it gets in the pool you will end up with brown rust spots. I have them from a neighbor that is not real careful in applying his fertilizer.
Thanks a lot! That’s really helpful.

Ha! So true. Ok, here we are 47 hours later and almost ready to call the startup crew. Though we have not fill the spa yet..

Attachments

• DCD973B5-43C6-47FF-A6A8-627D05036B6B.jpeg
    DCD973B5-43C6-47FF-A6A8-627D05036B6B.jpeg
    608.8 KB · Views: 53
That is looking AWESOME!!!! LOVE the color already!!!

Dirt in pool-it will happen so lets get ready for it. Get a manual vacuum that does NOT have wheels. You can get a "weighted butterfly vacuum head" from Walmart and Lowes. I think every pool should have a manual vacuum for spot cleans so might as well get one now while you can't use a wheeled cleaner as it could mar your pretty, new plaster. The hardest part is learning how to fill the hose and not losing the prime. It will take some experimenting to get it working but once you do it will be easy.

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.