New (and first ever) Pool! Dallas, TX

Plaster prep happening today!!! I can hardly contain my excitement! And it’s been 6 weeks to the day since they started ?

Holy cow, the yard is looking flat again and the fence is up!! We are nearing the end! Going to post pictures when they’re done this evening if it’s still light out.

Yes!! We are so happy! Can’t wait to see what the plaster will look like, I’m guessing they’ll do it soon!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks everyone! We aren’t doing any decking. I’m not sure if we will in the future, but we have so much driveway in our backyard that we wanted to keep as much natural looking yard as we can. So as soon as they’re done with plaster my husband and I will do the irrigation system and then prep and lay down sod. ? we are getting really excited!

No decking? No walkway either? I would like you to take a slight step back from this idea and think about a couple of things.
-mowing and edging-how will you make sure not clippings get in the pool?
-no walkway from house to pool=all kinds of stuff being brought into the pool. I also saw a cute doggy in one of the pics to help bring in more stuff.

I see what you are saying about wanting to keep as much natural yard around the pool but wanted to share with you some down sides to it just in case you had not thought of them. A bagger will help with the mowing but nothing can really help the no walkway to the pool.

Kim:kim:

Reactions: Chickinvic
No decking? No walkway either? I would like you to take a slight step back from this idea and think about a couple of things.
-mowing and edging-how will you make sure not clippings get in the pool?
-no walkway from house to pool=all kinds of stuff being brought into the pool. I also saw a cute doggy in one of the pics to help bring in more stuff.

I see what you are saying about wanting to keep as much natural yard around the pool but wanted to share with you some down sides to it just in case you had not thought of them. A bagger will help with the mowing but nothing can really help the no walkway to the pool.

You’re definitely right about that, there are a lot of downsides! We have been thinking about it for a while now. We are planning to put in a walkway once the pool company is done but still planning to hold off on decking this year and hoping we won’t mind the extra maintenance - we’ll see! Since we don’t have kids or host parties much I think we should be able to keep it pretty well maintained with not much grass/dirt in the pool, but again, we’ll see ?

GOOD! So long as you have thought it out! With having no kids and not many people over then it could be no problem.

What are you thinking of using for the walk way?

We are not totally sure yet, we have some rocks and bricks and pavers on hand that were in the yard before the pool but we were waiting to see if any of them would match the flag stone. If they don’t match we may have to get some more flag stone and figure something out!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.