New above ground pool install

QueenP

Jun 9, 2016
Basehor, KS
We are purchasing a new round 27x54 above ground pool. Looking for the best install instructions as far as what to use for the floor (under the liner). Also...is wall foam necessary? Pros and cons. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you so much!!

Hi! I have a 33' round pool. Sand is under our pool and it works great. It does have some small divots and such that happened over time but that is not biggie to me. Your installers skills need to be top shelf as that is going to make the biggest difference.

The site prep is the biggest thing to worry about. Who will get the ground ready?

We did not get the foam walls as the last pool did not have one and I did not even notice it THEN I felt the foam they would put on it and it was so very thin I did not think it would be worth the money.

Kim:kim:

I had sand under my previous pool as well. I too had small divits over time but nothing that bothered me. I can't recall we we had a foam cove or just used sand for the cove.

Are you installing yourself or having it professionally installed? In my experience, it is well worth paying someone who has the proper equipment and know-how to prep the site properly. It needs to be absolutely level! With a pool that size, any elevation change in your yard is going to make a huge difference.

They also use Vermiculite. Its a light fluffy material similar to a shredded cardboard and is used in planting/landscaping for moisture retention. Its sculpts nicely when dampened for your (cove ?) At the base of the walls. When we replaced my neighbors liner she had it previosly and we bought big bags of it at Lowes in the nursery section. It was more expensive than sand but held its shape better. We used the new stuff to resculpt and fill in the old divots.

Reactions: Shirker
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.