New 24x40 mountain pond IG install in NH

That's a good builder right there. At least it will be perfect and you'll be glad he insisted years down the road. :goodjob:

A few more pics to add today. We lost a day this week to another job they had to deal with. And the cutting, and the pattern design, is taking them about 2x longer than they planned, but they are hanging in there and doing it all right, and not cutting corners. Here's some more pics as they finally circled the whole pool and started making their way to the basement door (walkout)...

Roughing in the underground drains for the gutters that will now be closed in on all sides by patio...
DSCF0216.jpg

The patio as it encapsulated the back side toward the diving board base...
DSCF0218.jpg

Closing up the drains and packing the base for the walkway from pool deck to basement double doors...
DSCF0221.jpg

Walkway view from basement doors looking to pool...
DSCF0222.jpg

And a few more...

Looking down new walkway to basement from pool. The walkway is going to jet out a bit, right in front of pad, so when you access the white panel for lights, filter, etc, you will still be standing on pavers and not just on grass.
DSCF0223.jpg

Walkway from above
DSCF0225.jpg

Some of the cutting around the pool edge. They are doing a great job with the curved lines and meeting it up with the coping...we love it!
DSCF0226.jpg

What a nice job! I'm pleased with it and it ain't even my pool! :mrgreen: You guys are going to have an awesome summer in your brand new pool and on the patio!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Beens, the regular kit is 4 sizes, but we added in the optional 9x9 and 12x12s...Given almost 1800' sq ft of patio we thought it could use some larger pieces. We're very happy with the quality of the Rinox pavers. Very few damaged ones and the consistency is really great.

One question too - does anyone know, when you install skimmer extension rings, if they only orient a certain way? The way they installed them both, they turned the skimmers 90 degrees. So now the Hayward logo isn't facing you when facing the pool, it's on the side. Stupid thing yeah, but it bugs me. I don't want to bug them to fix it, so I was going to do it, but maybe there's a reason why they had to do this? I see the upper skimmer ring (the part you see) is slotted and only fits in the extension ring one way, so it's not as easy as just spinning it. They siliconed the rings in too, so I'd hate to go through the work to fix them, just to determine they have to be that way for some weird reason. Thanks.

Can't you have one imperfect thing? Dang..... JK!!!

It wouldn't bother me but I guess it could bother others... not naming names... *cough* steve *cough* :clown:

You know, I can't recommend these guys enough. The owner called me this morning, as I sent a text saying it looked fantastic but I had a question about the layout of the edging...his first question for me was "I have a question about the skimmers...it's why we left them open...did I install them 90 degrees off? Should the logo be in front and not on the side...I can fix it if it should be. The foreman thought I did it wrong.."

LOL. That's attention to detail. VERY HAPPY with these guys. :)

I'm excited to say that the project is starting to wind down. Lots of cuts along the outer edge of the patio, and along the coping are now done. Edging today and tomorrow, and then grading. Soon sand and compaction, then fence, and on to summer...

Here's a few pics from yesterday after they cut the patio edges...In some of the pics, they still haven't layed down the 9x9 solider course on the outside of the cuts (like the walkway)

DSCF0232.jpg

DSCF0233.jpg

DSCF0234.jpg

DSCF0235.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.