New 24x40 mountain pond IG install in NH

Thanks. Here's today's update. We are thrilled.

ebysytad.jpg

Oh wow... it looks so nice!!! You're pool will stay a lot cleaner too!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
They made the turn today to the backside of the pool. Looking good. It's a very complicated pattern. I found two parts of it where they deviated though. Affects about 50% of what's done so far, but I don't know if I'll ask them to fix it. There's so many pieces, you would hardly notice. I kept getting lost myself, and hard to go get the design plan and stand right over it to see what was going on.

DSCF0211.jpg

DSCF0212.jpg

DSCF0213.jpg

DSCF0214.jpg

If you say there is a mistake I will have to take your word on it LOL. It looks GREAT to me! With all that is going on with the design I do not think I would worry about it. If you did not have the paper would be even know it was there?

Lol. For example three different size pavers are suppose to go A-B-C. They did half the patio that way and then for some reason the other half is C-B-A. And next to the 12x12s it was supposed to be a 6x12. They did that in the beginning and then switched to a a 6x9 and 6x3.

That looks great Steve, nice place man, real nice!

They made the turn today to the backside of the pool. Looking good. It's a very complicated pattern. I found two parts of it where they deviated though. Affects about 50% of what's done so far, but I don't know if I'll ask them to fix it. There's so many pieces, you would hardly notice. I kept getting lost myself, and hard to go get the design plan and stand right over it to see what was going on.

View attachment 29076

View attachment 29077

View attachment 29078

View attachment 29079

It looks good. I can't tell from the pics that they went CBA, ABC or 1,2,3...

It looks good. I can't tell from the pics that they went CBA, ABC or 1,2,3...

Funny. I think I have the solution. What they did doesn't look bad at all, I'm just a stickler for some type of "pattern." So rather than make them change 1400 sq ft of patio so far, I'm just going to tell them to alternate back, and then alternate again to what they did as they finish out the rest. So I'll be consistently "switching" those two parts of the pattern. :)

In the extensions? Really? The same upper plate doesn't change it's position, the extensions go under the top piece...doesn't matter though, We're going to use a bit of silicone to hold them in place.

As for the pattern deviation, I have a good builder. One of the changes was intentional (for a good reason I agree with) and he just hadn't told me yet. But I like what he did. So he insisted on fixing the original areas so it all matched. :)

Then on the A-B-C vs C-B-A change on the pattern, that was a mistake, and he again insisted on fixing it...I told him I was ok with it, and he said "you asked us to build to the pattern, because you liked it, so I'll fix it..."

Excellent!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.