New 24x40 mountain pond IG install in NH

So things are under way now with the patio. It's slow going due to numerous rain days, and A LOT of cutting on the coping stones. But here's some pics to keep it going:

Digging for the coping footing:
DSCF0164.jpg

Solid pad being prep'd for the deep end ladder (we actually made it even bigger than this shows):
DSCF0166.jpg

Crazy big footing around stairs to support rails and expected additional weight and traffic in that area:
DSCF0177.JPG

Coping footing poured:
DSCF0183.jpg

4'x8'x12" pad prep for diving board:
DSCF0186.jpg

More pics...

Dry fitting coping around stairs...this took them a while to get it how they wanted it...
DSCF0191.JPG

Another view (from above) of coping as they dry fit
DSCF0193.jpg

View of coping from below
DSCF0195.jpg

Pic of coping at stairs and pool
DSCF0196.jpg

Can't wait to see the paver stones start getting put down...more soon.

That looks beautiful! Great choice!!! Can't wait to see it complete and I really love the liner!!! :cool:

So things are progressing well. They got all the coping mortared yesterday and today. It's still drying (hence the dark grout lines on some stones), and I'm very happy with the balance of the cuts and symmetry, especially given how many cuts because it's a non standard shape. But I have one small issue, and I wonder if I'm just being too picky...There are about 5-6 of these coping stones that while level towards the front, aren't even at the back corner. They are slightly raised compared to the stone next to it, maybe 1/8". I noticed it just walking around, but it's not horrible. And I'm not worried about the pitch, as the rest of the deck will pitch away from the pool as it should. This is hard manual work, I get that. Precision perhaps should not be expected, but this is A LOT of money, so at least feel it's ok to ask them about it (which I have), in case they can fix it easily (maybe some type of stone "shaver" that could take some of the lip away)... Here's a pic of the overall coping, not necessarily the issue. But what do you all think, am I being unreasonable with this small of an issue?

DSCF0200.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I cannot see the one/ones you are talking about. Of course with the money you are paying I would want as close to purr-fect as you can get.

I really do not see it being a trip hazard. Will it bother you every time you look at it?

It is up to you. I would worry about grinding it down as it might change the color or shape.

Kim

If you can see it and it bug you, I'd have them fix it! These pools are a lot of money and if it were mine, I'd definitely want it as perfect as possible! I don't think you're being unreasonable at all!

Thanks. He said he'd check it out tomorrow. I just looked again and showed my neighbor and honestly this time I had a hard time even finding the ones that weren't perfect. So maybe not a big deal. I certainly wouldn't want to risk what they've done if a fix could end up worse. And it's definitely not a trip hazard.

So the guys pulled the skimmer collars up, and some sand and junk fell into the basket. I'm sure some sand went right though the basket and down the pipe...does it matter? I assume a little won't, as long as it wasn't enough to clog anything. The pool builder said to clean it all up with a shop vac once they are all done. Any other methods advisable? I have it all around the basket, and under too...

Finally, I get to see what the pavers will look like. They aren't leveled out yet in some high spots, but I came home to this today, and was very pleased with our paver selection and how it looks with the coping we picked.

DSCF0203.jpg

DSCF0204.jpg

DSCF0205.jpg

Thanks.

Question for the group though - my pool builder dropped off two skimmer extensions for the deck guys (no charge too, how about that!) so the skimmer lid can be brought even with the deck. This is what he gave us

skimmerext.jpg

Do those screw together somehow, or just snap in? I see the screw holes, so I wasn't sure if I should have got some screws as well. Since he gave them too me for free, I figured I'd try not to bother him. :)

Thanks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.