Feb 15, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hello all,

I have been reading the forum for the last week or so, lots of knowledge and good information. Myself nor my wife have ever owned a pool before, but we are super excited. I have became a bit obsessed since we finalized everything, got permits and have an official dig day. Thought I would post our plans, to get any feed back or thoughts moving forward.

We live in Ontario Canada, and we are having a Dolphin Fiberglass pool installed, the Tampico 2 model. It is 15 feet wide by 35 feet long. Shallow end is 3'6" and deep end is 6'1". Total volume is 18,500 gallons.

Equipments is as follows;
- Pentair Supermax Variable speed pump
- Pentair System 3 Mod Media Cartridge Filter
- Pentair Intellichlor Salt Generator
- Pentair MasterTemp 250K BTU Gas Heater
- Clear Deck Inground Solar reel system
- 2 Pentair Globrite LED Low voltage lights with 17 colour options
- water to fill pools, pool salt, initial chemicals
- winter cover & Maintenance kit (vacuum head 6-12" extension poles, wall brush, leaf net, 1 1/4" Vacuum hose, thermometer, chemical tester, chemical drops
- PB is pouring a 4'x10' cement pad for all equipment.
- PB is doing all cement patio and coping around the pool and in the back yard.
- 15, x 21, pool cabana

Interested to hear your thoughts, concerns, must haves etc.

Thanks,
Ed

Attachments

• pool drawing.png
    pool drawing.png
    86.2 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: Apsuhead

melonhead1382

Bronze Supporter
Jul 29, 2020
Lincoln, CA
I'm about 3 weeks away from my pool getting finished but your pool is just a little smaller than mine and I'm getting a 400k BTU heater. I'm getting a spa as well but I think a pool that size you should get a 400k BTU heater.

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Interested to hear your thoughts, concerns, must haves etc.
Welcome to the forum.
You do not show any type of automation. If you are going to have automation, I do not believe the Supermax VS (which I believe is trade grade of the Superflo VS) can be controlled via automation.
I would suggest getting the Microbrite versus the Globrite lights. The Globrites use a proprietary receptacle and do not last much more than 3 years.
Be sure you get an IC40 SWCG.
Plan ahead and get a proper test kit (Taylor K2006C). The PB will be giving you one that is essentially useless.

Edward13911

Feb 15, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Great thanks for the input, I’ll talk to the PB about this stuff. I’m going to order all the recommended water test kits as well.
thanks,
Ed