Pass Christian, MS
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30
Last year we purchase a home with a fiberglass pool on the Gulf Coast of Mississippi. The pool was very old and overwhelmed with fiberglass osmosis. After four unsuccessful months of trying to hirer someone to repair the pool, I decided to do it myself with my crew. All of the local pool companies were afraid that the pool would pop up from hydrostatic pressure because the pool was adjacent to a bayou, and was consistently told, "I don't work on fiberglass pools". Being a building contractor for more than 30 years, I watch a plethora of videos and had a gazillion conversation with pool product distributors and resin companies. We started with the simple idea of just repairing the blisters and recoat, and ended with a complete new layer of fiberglass and resin, and pool coating, see photos. Then, faced with the decision of choosing a chlorine system or a salt water generator. After many many conversations, because the property is a second home and we aren't there everyday or every week, today I pulled the trigger and purchased a CircuPool RJ-30 PLUS Salt Chlorine Generator. Going against the norm, the overwhelming majority of the pool companies in Louisiana and Mississippi Coasts sell Pentair SWGs. Somewhere along the way, I read Pentair is a good purchase when the pool is fully automated and mine's isn't. Note, I have never ever owned a swimming pool and will probably be on this forum a lot seeking advice. If all goes well, I hope to have the pool running by Monday.Please feel free to share any advice for a neophyte of the gulf coast.

Attachments

• Pool4.jpg
    Pool4.jpg
    615.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Pool3.jpg
    Pool3.jpg
    455.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Pool2.jpg
    Pool2.jpg
    378.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Beowolf, and welcome to TFP. Glad you found us!

What a great restore, and that slide!!! Awesome.

Did you fill the pool yet? That shape is going to make it tough to calculate the water volume, which you'll need to figure out how much of this or that to add to the water. Does the property have a water meter (from the city)? Take a snapshot of the meter reading just before you start the fill. Then another when you are done (when the water is halfway up the skimmer opening). The difference between the two numbers will be your pool's water volume! Try not to use any water anywhere else while filling, to get a more accurate number. Turn off the irrigation system. No laundry. Minimize showers and flushes, etc.

Good luck Monday!