Bronze Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey everyone! Not sure if you’ve seen my other posts or not but I FINALLY bought a pool!! Intex Ultra Frame 18’ x 52” (round)!! I keep seeing posts with all these cool upgrades and I don’t even know where to start. I am definitely upgrading the filter pump to the Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump 16” after reading rave reviews and seeing before and after pics on Amazon! Plus it fits my budget.

What are some other good upgrade ideas for this pool? I’m NOT doing saltwater, that’s the only idea I’m not open to but anything else let’s hear it! Skimmer suggestions? Any advice? Thanks in advance! Now go away rain so I can start digging/leveling lol!

Attachments

• D26C726F-B117-44A7-B115-02E5BDE405EC.png
    D26C726F-B117-44A7-B115-02E5BDE405EC.png
    100.8 KB · Views: 11
right there with you on rain go away. i have mine leveled from the previous years, but not wanting to put my pool up with all that mud. i went with a widemouth skimmer (Hayward). i also hardplumbed. i added a sprayer/fountain to my pool. i also have a solar heater that is made from irrigation tubing, that is behind my fence. also, with the skimmer you will get the adjustable return, i love it. i can send you some pics if you would like to see my previous setup from last year. that is the exact pump i got last year. i will be using my new pump and filter to run my sprayer/fountain this year.

Reactions: thefloatqueen
Congrats on the new pool. Chayne already hit some great ideas. There are several threads here with images and some YouTube videos as well. Be mindful of utilizing unions at component connections for easy disassembly and re-assembly An occasional shut-off valve can be handy as well..

I just looked up the Taylor test kit but there are several different ones widely ranging in price. Can anyone please let me know which kit I need to buy? *praying it’s not the $100+ one(s)*

Thanks everyone! Sorry for so many questions. I’m brand new to all of this! I want to buy everything I need before installing my pool. :)

Can anyone please let me know which kit I need to buy?
If you are firm on the Taylor item, it's the K-2006C. The "C" is important to ensure you get the larger reagent bottles. Now you can also get the TF-100 (link below) which is what I have always used here. It's a better value and still packed with those same Taylor reagents, just packed independently by TFTestkits.net. Great service and fast shipping.

this is the test kit i bought several years ago. make sure you get that speed stir, if you can, it makes testing more accurate.
TF-100 Test Kit ™
just like Splash said, if you go to the hard plumb, definitely put unions in there. i found that out the hard way. easier to install at the time when you are piping everything in, than the next year like i did. that was horrible.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.