Need to know more about Pool Automation Controller installation and functionality to Complete my pool Automation Controller designe

You have automated vales for pool/spa suction and return, solar heat, and water fall in that diagram.

Hello ajw22

This very good information for which you shared, I thought I required more Study on Light

any specific protocol is there which is common to most of the brand

I found in manual, there is some type of mode to control - Universal ColorLogic, ColorLogic 4.0, ColorLogic 2.5 & earlier and Pentair SAM.
but still a not clear on this method, could you please summarised for me, what signal/ON-OFF is required to control light

I am waiting for you valuable response

Regards
Zafar iQbal

Every manufacturer choose their techniques and protocols they use for a product.

Hello ajw22

This very good information for which you shared, I thought I required more Study on Light

any specific protocol is there which is common to most of the brand

I found in manual, there is some type of mode to control - Universal ColorLogic, ColorLogic 4.0, ColorLogic 2.5 & earlier and Pentair SAM.
but still a not clear on this method, could you please summarised for me, what signal/ON-OFF is required to control light

I am waiting for you valuable response

Regards
Zafar iQbal

Zaf,

Just to clarify a bit more Jandy, Hayward, and Pentair use on-off protocol but the protocol isn't exactly coded the same. The controller counts the number of on-off pulses within a fixed time from each pulse then uses that count to determine the color that is displayed. The number of pulses corresponds to different colors for different brands. For example white may be 1 pulse for Jandy but 5 pulses for Pentair. It's a fairly primitive way to accomplish color selection but very easy to implement. The controller panel simply incorporates a relay that controls power to the light controller. This is pulsed by the pool control panel based on the color selected by the wall or remote control. The light control circuit board receives and counts the pulses then displays the appropriate color. Some lights have more different colors than others. Most of the ones I've seen display between 9 and 14 different colors or patterns.

A feature that would be nice for you to incorporate in your design would be to provide a way for the user to input their own protocol pulse selection. So they could input how many pulses correspond to a certain color. That way they could control the lights of any brand. Right now I have a Pentair control system but my lights are Jandy. So the colors displayed don't match the color selected. It works OK because I am learning that I can select a color that displays the corresponding different color but it's not really perfect. I would think there could be fairly easy ways to set the controller for user input of this code.

On your previous question about valve #4, it is a manually controlled valve not automatic. Only valves in this diagram with a "CVA 24" box have an automatic controller mounted on them

I hope this helps.

Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: zafarpatel7
Thanks, Chris
I am very thankful to you for sharing your experience with me

As you said user giving input to controller how many time relay switch, but in this case, user need to remember all number of pulse details, it is some hacking for user
As per my through, In my Controller has the option to select the light brand and our controller having Intelligence according to user color required, control detects band and according to band it will give pulses to light. But this time integrated all board function in controller quite difficult, that way this time I am focusing on few bands only and over the time I will integrate most of the popular brand in the controller - Make Sense Chris ???

I found in manual of light as below

1571081224754.png

Hi All
Thanks for your great support - My first First Rev Pool Automation Control board is read and it successfully Controlled 8AUX, 4 Sp Purpose Relay, and 4 Valve, but this time I controller Olny ON-OFF through IOS app remotely.
Now I need to add automation logic on my board.
1st I am planning for water heating elements

# We have Three types of sources-

1. Electric Heater
A. Auto Controlled Heater (RS485 based)
=> Control Board Send Set temperature Value through RS485 to Heater and Heater automatically maintain pool/spa temperature as per the set value.
B. Manual Controlled Heater
=> Control board will turn ON-OFF heater (which is Controlled through Relay ), based on pool temperature/Spa running temperature and seted Temperature. (Running temperature is measured by controller only)

2. Gas Heater
=> Control board will turn ON-OFF Gas heater (which Controlled through another Relay ), based on pool temperature/Spa running temperature and seted Temperature ) (Running temperature is measured by controller only)

3. Solar
=> We will take solar hot water with the help of the Actuator valve to control the direction of water flow and turn ON solar pump (which Controlled through Relay_3).

SO my assumption is Right/Wrong and let us know if we missed anything related to heater

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.