Need programming assistance with Pentair Intelliflow pump

Jul 7, 2014
orlando fl
Hi all - I have a Pentair Intelliflow pump, and the controller went bad, so I had to replace it. I installed a new controller, but all of my settings that I had setup were now gone. The pump is installed with a Pentair Solartouch controller. I can get the pump to run a regular schedule no problem. It even goes into the program when it calls for solar. However, where I have an issue is that the pump will not resume the original program once the solar controller releases the pump. It's been 4 or so years since I had originally programmed this darn thing and I cannot for the life of me remember how to accomplish this. I tried reading the manual and it just isn't clicking.

Can anyone provide some assistance?

opto,

What is your regular schedule?

In "theory" if your schedule is from say 10 am until 10 pm at 1500 RPM and you set your Ext Control program 1 for 2800 RPM.. Then if the Solar kicks in at 11 am the pump should increase in speed to 2800 and if the solar kicks off at 1 pm, the system should go back to 1500 RPM.

You have to make sure your system is actually "running a schedule" and not just manually turned on.

I don't have your specific pump, but assume if it does not return to the original schedule, it is because the pump is not running a schedule or there is no schedule to go back to.

Let's see if our other members have some better input.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hi - The pump is setup to run from 10 AM to 6 PM. From 10 to 3:59 PM its set to run program 2 and from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM its set to run the next program. It runs with the solar turned off without an issue. The pump starts up at 10 and shuts off at 6. When the solar is turned on the schedule runs, until the solar turns on, and the pump goes to the program that the solar is programmed for. When the solar turns off, the pump does not go back to the original schedule and will never shut off unless I turn it off.

Just to clarify (I went out and tried again). Program 1 is set to run from 10 - 3:59, and program 5 is set to run from 4:00 - 6:00. Ext Ctl program 2 & 4 are both set to the same speed 2500 RPM (speed 4 is supposed to be solar hold which I don't understand why I can't even disable this useless feature). When I start the pump for schedule mode, it is in program 1, runs the program until the solar is called for, then it jumps to Ext ctl 4 for 5 min, then switches to Ext ctl 2. When solar turns off, it stays in Program 2, and will not revert back to either internal program 1 or 5. The original motor drive that was installed when I bought the pump back in 2014 worked just like that. But I can't get the new / replacement motor drive to function the same way.

Anyone that is curious - I fixed the issue. The firmware on the Solartouch controller was version 2.0. It worked fine with my older drive, but the newer drive didn't play well with it. I bought a Picket3 on eBAY for $25, downloaded a new firmware from Pentair (version 2.3), installed per their instructions, and BAM! Works like a charm now!!

Reactions: JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.