Need new pump Pentair versus Zodiak variable speed

Pentair Intelliflo VS 011028 pump is a workhorse.

You have automation to control the pump or will you be using the pump display? The 011028 display does not rotate if that makes a difference to you.

Adam,

I agree with Allen and also vote for the IntelliFlo... Not sure you will be able to find the new 011028, if not, go with the 011018... Just make sure not to get the SVRS option!!!

Thanks,

Jim R.

Allen,

I noticed on the Pentair sales announcement about the 011028 being the replacement for the 011018, that the picture showed the control panel on sideways compared to the original 011018..
When I looked I found this... https://www.pentairpartners.com/productcatalog/pdf/US2018/sec08_Pumps.pdf

It appears that the replacement pump does have a rotatable control head..

Nice. I noted that it says:

Rotatable keypad with optional wall mount kit (sold separately)

Wall mount of the keypad control panel will be handy for some. It sounds like the 011028 is a significantly improved model. I hope it continues the robustness of the 011018.

Allen,

My "guess" is that they have modified the motor to control head interface to use the existing control head that they are using on the newer IntelliFlo pumps. From a manufacturing point of view it makes sense as you only have to build one head.. Each head may have different F/W, but I suspect that other than that, they are electrically the same.

I would love the ability to wall mount my pump's control panel.

Good news either way..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Adam,

If you have two inch plumbing then I would go with the IntelliFlo. If you have 1.5" plumbing you can use either the IntelliFlo or the SuperFlo VS.

If your goal is to save a couple of bucks, then the SuperFlo works great. If your goal is to have the better pump, the IntelliFlo is your best bet.

The bigger the pump, the slower you can run it and still move the same amount of water.

As far as I know the control head does not move on the SuperFlo..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.